British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 01-01-15, 01:38 AM
Super Moderator

To put my question a different way, wearing the Canada slip-on is not restricted to sworn members of the Canadian Forces? It can be worn by members of, say the German or British army who are on exchange / course with the Canadian army. The implication being, what is the legal status of wearing the Canada identification?
IIRC, a few Canadian soldiers were on exchange with US and British forces when the Iraq war was fought, and IIRC they continued to wear Canadian national identification.
Old 01-01-15, 02:03 AM

Default Ah, The Legalities

I don't know anything about the legal issues behind a foreign national wearing CANADA identifiers; although I am sure they have been worked out by someone in Ottawa.

I don't think you will see our NATO allies wearing CANADA identifiers although the US Military personnel at CJOC HQ do wear the small red/white Canada flags on their camouflage uniforms, but the British don't. The US pers would get teased that they were paying penance for losing the War of 1812, but in reality it was more of means for them to show that they were part of the CJOC team.

I believe that CMTAP trainees, and not just T&T, can wear the CANADA identifiers while training in Canada, but that would have to be researched.