British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Royal Flying Corps and Royal Air Force

 Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books
 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-01-19, 06:21 PM
Tigerlily's Avatar
Tigerlily Tigerlily is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: East of England
Posts: 2,209
Default RAF Badge ID

Can I have a bit of help id'ing this little beauty please, is it an arm badge? FSC badge? Same thing?
Also I'm in need of a decent RAF badge reference book, Malcolm Hobarts book has mixed reviews, but is it worth picking up a copy regardless?
Many thanks
Alli
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190103_180949.jpg (39.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 20190103_181000.jpg (38.4 KB, 29 views)
__________________
They say we are what we are, but we don't have to be.
I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way.
I'll be the watcher of the eternal flame.
I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-01-19, 06:38 PM
leigh kitchen's Avatar
leigh kitchen leigh kitchen is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,880
Default

Officers FSC badge?
I have a spare copy of the MHS's RAF Centenary "Formation Sign" you can have (I over-estimated relative's interest in their old service).
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-01-19, 06:48 PM
Tigerlily's Avatar
Tigerlily Tigerlily is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: East of England
Posts: 2,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh kitchen View Post
Officers FSC badge?
I have a spare copy of the MHS's RAF Centenary "Formation Sign" you can have (I over-estimated relative's interest in their old service).
Ooh yes please fus, that would be great, much appreciated.
__________________
They say we are what we are, but we don't have to be.
I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way.
I'll be the watcher of the eternal flame.
I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-01-19, 06:58 PM
engr9266's Avatar
engr9266 engr9266 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: BOGNOR REGIS UK
Posts: 2,663
Default

Ali, try this site - Uniforms and Insignia of the British Air Force.

Jerry
__________________

JERRY
ROYAL ENGINEERS/BRITISH ARMY CORPS & SERVICES/BRITISH LEGION/ROYAL BRITISH LEGION (see albums)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-01-19, 07:00 PM
Tigerlily's Avatar
Tigerlily Tigerlily is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: East of England
Posts: 2,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by engr9266 View Post
Ali, try this site - Uniforms and Insignia of the British Air Force.

Jerry
Hi, hope you had a good holibob, I will check that out, thank you.
__________________
They say we are what we are, but we don't have to be.
I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way.
I'll be the watcher of the eternal flame.
I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-01-19, 07:01 PM
leigh kitchen's Avatar
leigh kitchen leigh kitchen is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
Ooh yes please fus, that would be great, much appreciated.
Er, consider it interest for the loan of the long overdue for return "Stand To!" magazines. I'll even pay postage.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-01-19, 07:37 PM
Tigerlily's Avatar
Tigerlily Tigerlily is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: East of England
Posts: 2,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh kitchen View Post
Er, consider it interest for the loan of the long overdue for return "Stand To!" magazines. I'll even pay postage.
You probably shouldn't have reminded me about those...
__________________
They say we are what we are, but we don't have to be.
I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way.
I'll be the watcher of the eternal flame.
I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-01-19, 08:01 PM
Frank Kelley's Avatar
Frank Kelley Frank Kelley is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,214
Default

To see screw post and wire together is unusual, but, they tend to be all blades or screw post, of course, a marriage might simply have taken place at some point, no matter!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
Can I have a bit of help id'ing this little beauty please, is it an arm badge? FSC badge? Same thing?
Also I'm in need of a decent RAF badge reference book, Malcolm Hobarts book has mixed reviews, but is it worth picking up a copy regardless?
Many thanks
Alli
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-01-19, 08:18 PM
Tigerlily's Avatar
Tigerlily Tigerlily is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: East of England
Posts: 2,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kelley View Post
To see screw post and wire together is unusual, but, they tend to be all blades or screw post, of course, a marriage might simply have taken place at some point, no matter!

Interesting to know. Thank you.
I'm pretty happy with it, bought it boxed together with a KC cap badge for 10, today has been a good militaria finding day.
__________________
They say we are what we are, but we don't have to be.
I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way.
I'll be the watcher of the eternal flame.
I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:07 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.