British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Closed Thread

Old 18-07-16, 03:48 PM

Default Gay Pride

Messieurs,

Upon further discussion, the CDS has approved the flying of the internationally recognized Gay Pride Flag in all CAF establishments, including HMC Ships. This is dependent on the local Commanders if they desire to fly it.

No official flag or ensign shall be struck or displaced from its appropriate place within the authorized precedence for this flag. Example, no National flag will be taken down to fly subject flag. ‎It can fly in appropriate precedence on a yard arm. It can also be flown on a separate mast/pole, again respecting the authorized precedence.

Please advise your command through your respect directives.

Cheers,

Kevin West
CFCWO/Adjuc FC
Old 18-07-16, 04:23 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2ecasPqhgk
Old 19-07-16, 07:14 AM

!
Old 19-07-16, 09:04 AM

I am not a homophobe, but the world has gone crazy. In my opinion this is taking political correctness too far...

Keith
Old 19-07-16, 09:53 AM

The armed forces have always contained high levels of homosexuals. All that is new is that the forces are being more open about it.
Old 19-07-16, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWEF View Post
The armed forces have always contained high levels of homosexuals. All that is new is that the forces are being more open about it.
Define "high levels". As a long serving Infantryman I didn't encounter too many if any (openly) homosexual soldiers. Perhaps the infantry wasn't their career choice ? Where will this madness stop ? Can we have a "Heterosexual Pride" march or would that be considered discriminatory ? My view (for what it's worth) is that just as wearing a uniform for political meetings is forbidden under Queen's Regulations (no pun intended) then I also think the wearing of uniform in support of a PC agenda such as "gay pride" should also be against QRs. Just the ramblings of a slightly unreconstructed old fart.
PL
Old 19-07-16, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc14 View Post
Define "high levels". As a long serving Infantryman I didn't encounter too many if any (openly) homosexual soldiers. Perhaps the infantry wasn't their career choice ? Where will this madness stop ? Can we have a "Heterosexual Pride" march or would that be considered discriminatory ? My view (for what it's worth) is that just as wearing a uniform for political meetings is forbidden under Queen's Regulations (no pun intended) then I also think the wearing of uniform in support of a PC agenda such as "gay pride" should also be against QRs. Just the ramblings of a slightly unreconstructed old fart.
PL
Openly being the operative word. Until fairly recent times even a civilian could end up in prison for being homosexual. Let alone a serviceman who would have faced even more sanctions.

As society becomes more accepting of homosexuality the more open they will become. Lets face it, there have been large numbers of gay soldiers and sailors all the way back to the Greeks, and beyond. Think of all the well known generals etc who were, it is now claimed, gay.

Personally, as long as they leave me alone I don't really care what other people do.
Old 19-07-16, 09:27 PM

As society becomes more accepting of homosexuality then the more I ask myself WHY?
We are exposed to it on TV, kids are taught about it in sex education in school. We are bombarded with Gay Pride events, civil partnership and gay marriage
Marriage has always been a union of man and woman, or at least it was up until recently.
When a local bakery in Belfast refused to bake a cake promoting gay marriage the christian owners finished up in court.
It is wrong that the views of any minority is forced upon the majority in the name of PC.
Eddie
Old 19-07-16, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWEF View Post

Personally, as long as they leave me alone I don't really care what other people do.
I agree with you on the last bit of your post but what is there to be proud of? I'm not proud of being heterosexual and don't make a big thing about it the world has gone mad with PC , has anyone asked blokes who do object if they're happy to share their billets with gays? As for all the senior officers who were alleged to be gay , the operative word is alleged.
Old 19-07-16, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMEVMBEA1 View Post
I agree with you on the last bit of your post but what is there to be proud of? I'm not proud of being heterosexual and don't make a big thing about it the world has gone mad with PC , has anyone asked blokes who do object if they're happy to share their billets with gays? As for all the senior officers who were alleged to be gay , the operative word is alleged.
I don't see why it is such an issue for you. If you want nothing to do with all this Gay stuff, then have nothing to do with it. Works for me.

I am sure that serving soldiers have their views, but I would imagine that they are more worried about sharing sleeping bags and fox holes than sharing billets.

The point is that society changes. I doubt that many of todays soldiers would accept the terms that WW1 soldiers accepted. Todays soldiers will have to work it out for themselves.

As for the senior officers, the law of averages says that some were/are gay even when it is hushed up.
Old 19-07-16, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebro View Post
As society becomes more accepting of homosexuality then the more I ask myself WHY?
We are exposed to it on TV, kids are taught about it in sex education in school. We are bombarded with Gay Pride events, civil partnership and gay marriage
Marriage has always been a union of man and woman, or at least it was up until recently.
When a local bakery in Belfast refused to bake a cake promoting gay marriage the christian owners finished up in court.
It is wrong that the views of any minority is forced upon the majority in the name of PC.
Eddie
Times change. If Gays can get married they can get married, although probably not in a fundamentalist church.

Many people today would probably regard the born again Christian bakers as a complete pain.

As I said in another post I don't care what other adults do, as long as they leave me alone. This includes bible bashers, as well as Gays.
Old 20-07-16, 11:55 AM

All this is a bit Orwellian with some animals being more equal than others - in this case it is Homosexual ( I hate the word gay) people who appear to be the ones that we have to fawn over and ensure that their feelings aren't hurt by allowing them silly things like same sex marriage etc , I'm totally with Eddie on this one
PL
Old 20-07-16, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc14 View Post
All this is a bit Orwellian with some animals being more equal than others - in this case it is Homosexual ( I hate the word gay) people who appear to be the ones that we have to fawn over and ensure that their feelings aren't hurt by allowing them silly things like same sex marriage etc , I'm totally with Eddie on this one
PL
When it comes to a fight between bible bashing bigots and homosexual zealots I, like the vast majority of people, have other far more important interests in my life.

Why couldn't the bakers say they had too many orders? Why couldn't the homosexuals take their business elsewhere?

Two little cliques getting a kick out of the publicity and the only ones to benefit are the lawyers.
Old 20-07-16, 01:23 PM

Quote by BWEF; Why couldn't the bakers say they had too many orders?

Are you suggesting that a Christian bakery should tell deliberate lies or should they be true to their beliefs and refuse, what they considered to be, an appropriate order?
Incidentally their sales have increased greatly since the court case as many ordinary people, not Bible Bashers, show their support.
As you say, 'Why couldn't the homosexuals take their business elsewhere?'
Why indeed if their intention was other than to simply annoy decent people.
Eddie
Old 20-07-16, 05:31 PM

Has anyone got the NSN?
Closed Thread