British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Other Commonwealth Military Insignia > Arab Nations

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 23-03-19, 04:01 PM

Default Iranian Armour

Hi, Firstly apologies to any Iranians for putting this in the Arab section, what I would like to know is, what are the coloured armoured discs? arm badges, collars or what, also does anyone know what were worn as armoured collars during the Shah's reign? thanks in advance Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05167.jpg (62.4 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05169.jpg (45.9 KB, 47 views)
Old 24-03-19, 03:57 AM

Hello Fearnaught,

The crossed sabres with tank were worn on collars (metal on field dress, black cloth on dress uniform) during the the Imperial period, the ones in a frame are for officers. I have never seen those discs before, but a few minutes of searching and I may have found what they are. The discs are attached to a leather fob and worn suspended on the pocket.

The metal eagle is Syrian Armed Forces.

Clay

Last edited by Flatdog; 24-03-19 at 06:43 AM.
Old 24-03-19, 06:50 AM

Fearnaught,

Please see attached.

pocket fobs iran.jpg
Old 24-03-19, 10:21 AM

Hi.Clay, thank you very much and yes the cap badge was the wrong one. Mine is on a beret and my brain must have had a senior moment. I'd just redone the Syrian board and left off that and the rank badges, thanks for the reminder, best wishes Mike
Old 25-03-19, 07:36 AM

Default Iranian patches and collars

Flatdog is right of course, but I have a page to show you from an official book on the Shah's Army. You can have a close look at yours and see if they are identical. I used to own the Signals collar which had a piece of brown oblong material behind it. Suspect they all have that. The black cloth patches with gold motives are Iranian too but belong to the Revolutionary Guard. They are a rather large army too, designed to counter The Army should they become revolting too.
Quicksilver
Old 27-03-19, 04:10 AM

Cliff,

Do you have the particulars on the Book you mentioned on the Shah's Army, I'd like to get hold of a copy.

Clay
Old 28-03-19, 01:58 AM

Clay, The book was sent to me many years ago by the Iranian Embassy in Canberra. It is a small hardback book from the PUBLIC RELATIONS DEPARTMENT OF SUPREME COMMANDER'S STAFF DEPARTMENT. Printed by Offset Press Inc. Tehran, Iran. PM me if there is anything you are especially interested in.
Cliff
Old 11-04-19, 12:03 AM

Default Iranian Armour

Mike, I seem to have forgotten to post the collar badges worn by the Shah's Armoured Corps in my earlier post. My apologies. This is definitely the Shah's period of time.
quicksilver
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img449.jpg (59.6 KB, 18 views)
Old 11-04-19, 08:02 AM

Hi Cliff, thank you for the image. In the image I posted, the set of tanks to the left, if it was upright!!, are a very near match. The ones on the right have slight differences, thanks again best wishes Mike.