British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 18-07-12, 07:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davec2 View Post
I have only just dropped on to this thread

Captain Mannering has ' nowt ' on you Matti and I can see we have a few Corporal Jones' and a couple of Pikes already, I think being the Armourer Sgt would be great, thanks Mike, I only made Lance Jack and that lasted all of two weeks ?? but what I really want is a TANK, a really BIG TANK.

Dave.
Good drills Dave Two weeks

I gave my first tape back one day when I was feeling a bit put upon. I took it back under duress as they didn't have good enough reason to bust me and short of landing one on the stick man I was stuck with it!
Some time later I was told to forget any chance of gaining a second due to a difference of opinion with another Sgt Major. I didn't laugh up my sleeve too much when he shook my hand some six weeks later to congratulate me on getting my full screw up.

Funny old game soldiering!

Ry
Old 18-07-12, 07:50 PM
Member 2008-16- Rest in Peace

Hi Ry,

Yes mate, two weeks, I was made up on the Monday, I was stuck in camp on duty that week-end ?? the following week-end we went into Oswestry to celebrate, I got p*****d and the next Monday I was in front of the OC

I just wish I had known then what I know now, lol.......

Dave.
Old 18-07-12, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hi Ry,

I just wish I had known then what I know now, lol.......

Dave.
Yes Dave, things we might have done differently Still more good memories than bad though

Ry
Old 18-07-12, 09:58 PM
button_guru

I'll handle some of the Colonial Units, especially those originating from the Mediterranean region. I have the right attitude and temprement
b_g
Old 19-07-12, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I have only just dropped on to this thread

Captain Mannering has ' nowt ' on you Matti and I can see we have a few Corporal Jones' and a couple of Pikes already, I think being the Armourer Sgt would be great, thanks Mike, I only made Lance Jack and that lasted all of two weeks ?? but what I really want is a TANK, a really BIG TANK.

Dave.
A very big "Water Tank" Dave is on it's way, just for you mate.

Right then you lot, ............
"WAAaaaAAAAKE uuUP !!!!
"STAND BY YOUR BEDS" !!!!!!!
"Hands off c**ks & feet in socks" !!!

I propose to be CO's Driver,

Cos I know where everywhere is, ............ (without a Sat-Nav) and I'm good at saluting people who think they are in charge !!

I have a clean drivers license, and have just been through a criminal records check, "again" and it also is clean ..........

I'm a qualified advanced driver and CP trained, I hold a class 1 licence, so i can, "if called upon", take the boat & trailer on holiday with us and I can drive over very humpity bumpity ground, ................... faaaaast !!

And as CO's driver, I'm excused all duties & duty driver taskings.

It's a tough job but someones gotta do it.

Ken (The Fatboy)