British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 08-08-18, 02:12 PM

Default Anodised POW feather collars for Hussars Question

This may have been answered previously, but I've got myself in a bit of a tiz with cavalry anodised Prince of Wales's feather collar badges and what belongs where, so if nobody is too bored with the subject I thought I might raise it again.

In the photo below which I've just put together to better illustrate my question and looking at the bottom row, would I be correct is assuming that the 10th Royal Hussars, as an antecedent of the Royal Hussars, had the same collars?

What about the top row. If I have the correct collars for the King's Royal Hussars are they the same as the Wiltshire Yeomanry collars?

I said years ago I would never ever collect anodised badges; and then I wouldn't ever collect anodised collars; and then I wouldn't ever touch shoulder titles, and here I am sucked in again....................

Anyway any help in answering the query (not help in ending the collecting disease) would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hussars collars.jpg (35.3 KB, 76 views)
Old 08-08-18, 02:55 PM

Mark
As I understand it:-

1. Royal Wiltshire Yeomanry wear the anodised smaller Prince of Wales feathers similar to the Kings Royal Hussars.
The Wilts Yeo NSN for these collars is 8455 99 9739736.

2. I believe that 10th Royal Hussars wore the same larger sized Prince of Wales feathers as you have for the Royal Hussars.

Hope this helps.

As for the disease - take comfort in the fact that you're not alone . . .

Regards all

Bess
Old 08-08-18, 05:34 PM

10th Royal Hussars wore the large size collar.

Royal Hussars also wore the large size in No1 dress,no collars worn in No2 dress. They also wore the crossed kukris,bullion for No1s,anodised for No2s.

The Kings Royal Hussars wear both sizes in the appropriate dress as well as the crossed kukris. Also the anodised KRH title has been replaced by a "new metal" open version of KRH.
Old 09-08-18, 08:42 AM

Thanks Bess and Mike, that's me untizzed for now. I've got enough info now to put some cavalry anodised cap/collar/shoulder (and arm!) groupings together. Don't get me started on 'new metal' though. I will never ever ever collect contemporary 'new metal' badges....................................... (nose grows alarmingly!).

Mark
Old 09-08-18, 04:17 PM

Lol Mark,i found that it looked a bit odd as some regiments were fully anodised,some a mixture of metal and a/a.
Then you have the Household Cavalry with no collars at all.
Old 10-08-18, 09:53 AM

It was the 14th/20th who wore the kukris arm badge, not Royal Hussars.
Old 10-08-18, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dg View Post
It was the 14th/20th who wore the kukris arm badge, not Royal Hussars.
Sorry my mistake. Looked at the wrong group of badges. Getting old ,must have what Sean mentioned.
Old 10-08-18, 07:38 PM

Roger that gents. I did manage to put the 14th/20th together with the Kukris for their tank action in support of the Gurkhas. And then worn by the King's Royal Hussars on formation and amalgamation of the 14th/20th.
I'm getting there I THINK - thanks for the info.
Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14th20th ano.jpg (45.3 KB, 17 views)