British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 18-05-15, 09:54 AM
Member 2010-21- Rest in Peace

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2747andy View Post
Phil,
Thank you and should you ever feel you wish to return it, as with all my items, they carry a Lifetime Guarantee and I will refund without question.

Best Regards

Andy
Hi Andy

Thanks mate but I hope that Im a long way off dieing !! It goes nicely with my embroidered 27th Lancers that I got from a friend here in Melbourne.

Regards

Phil.
Old 21-05-15, 07:11 PM

Hanbut
Quite right don't join the Andy love in !!!
Old 26-11-15, 11:24 AM
Hanbut

Default 24th Lancers badge

Peter sorry do not really understand what you mean about waiting 7 years? I made this badge years ago but this is the first time I have seen one come to light as real. The probably glow under a UV light as I had changed my manufacturing techniques to make sure that all badges did glow by then. These were all made for a dealers in Dover but I stopped supplying him after he was selling other of my obvious copies as real. The copies were not padded to the crown like the original was. I in no way blame Andy as I am sure he is an honourable and knowledgeable dealer. Most collectors and dealers have copies or fakes and do not know it. nobody can be expected to know everything (OK maybe with a few exceptions on here! ) but surely that is the point of a forum to inform each other not slag someone off when they try to inform others.
Old 26-11-15, 11:44 AM
LYPAO Boff

Sounds like Hanbut is a manufacturer in India or Pakistan? Am I right Hanbut?

"A Yeoman from the Stalwart Rural Cavalry"
Lechyd da pob Cymro
Old 27-11-15, 01:28 PM
Hanbut

Default 24TH LANCERS

Hello yes I have been making in India and Pakistan since 1978 that is why many of my items are accepted as original and get weekly emails now asking if a certain badge is mine and quite happily inform them. When serious collectors come into my shop I always explain how to spot a badge if it is made in Pakistan, India, china, UK US I have studied the styles of embroidery since I was 15 and although all the old schiffli machines have now gone from UK, there are still distinct differences from each country. The main danger is now Vietnam as new collectors will not study pieces before spending amounts of money, Andrew
Old 27-11-15, 01:31 PM
Hanbut

Default PS Badge Making

I have just received a commission from the Gurkha Engineers for some badges but unlike many sellers on ebay I do not feel that makes me say I am an official manufacturer. Andrew
Old 27-11-15, 02:05 PM

So the subject of this thread, is, in fact, completely spurious then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanbut View Post
Peter sorry do not really understand what you mean about waiting 7 years? I made this badge years ago but this is the first time I have seen one come to light as real. The probably glow under a UV light as I had changed my manufacturing techniques to make sure that all badges did glow by then. These were all made for a dealers in Dover but I stopped supplying him after he was selling other of my obvious copies as real. The copies were not padded to the crown like the original was. I in no way blame Andy as I am sure he is an honourable and knowledgeable dealer. Most collectors and dealers have copies or fakes and do not know it. nobody can be expected to know everything (OK maybe with a few exceptions on here! ) but surely that is the point of a forum to inform each other not slag someone off when they try to inform others.
Old 27-11-15, 04:33 PM
Hanbut

Default 27th Lancers

No the badge is not spurious it was made and issued in WW2 but the badge we are talking about here was made by me many years ago, we seem to be going off on a tandem !! (as my late mother in law would say, Andrew
Old 27-11-15, 05:10 PM
LYPAO Boff

Hi Andrew

Was there a specific difference in the way that you made your badges compared to the originals?

"A Yeoman from the Stalwart Rural Cavalry"
Lechyd da pob Cymro
Old 27-11-15, 08:56 PM

So the badge you brought to notice in the original post in this thread is completely original then, so why suggest it may not be if you actually knew it was original in the first place?

Quote:
No the badge is not spurious it was made and issued in WW2 but the badge we are talking about here was made by me many years ago, we seem to be going off on a tandem !! (as my late mother in law would say, Andrew
Old 27-11-15, 09:16 PM
Former Member

Frank,
I advertised the badge as original, as I honestly thought it was!

Cloth items are not my forte so I had it verified by someone who I thought knew his onions and has published works on the subject. Several collectors also believed it to be authentic! Now a purveyor of fakes claims he made it?

I have an identical example in my own collection and I am more than happy with it!

I'm not sure what or where Andrew is going with this, however I was warned off before the thread was started, so I'm either totally wrong with my listing, or this purveyor of fakes is spouting S.H. One Tee.

I'm very bored with this Asian Mud Slinging already

Andy

Last edited by 2747andy; 27-11-15 at 09:29 PM.
Old 27-11-15, 10:00 PM
Former Member

Andrew,
If that really is your name? I get offers from manufactures from your continent almost every week! I also get complaints from many of my subscribers that they have also received such unsolicited offers to produce items to order. My default reply is no thank you, I am only interested in genuine items!

If this is an attempt to muddy the water after being given the cold shoulder, then my advice would be to Fake Off to another Forum, as your associates have polluted this hobby enough!

If your intentions are in good will, then I appologise for my suspicion! However if I have unintentionally sold an item that you allegedly faked 40 years ago, my offer to refund, as with all my sales stands!

Andy

Last edited by 2747andy; 28-11-15 at 09:19 AM.
Old 27-11-15, 10:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hello yes I have been making in India and Pakistan since 1978 that is why many of my items are accepted as original and get weekly emails now asking if a certain badge is mine and quite happily inform them. When serious collectors come into my shop I always explain how to spot a badge if it is made in Pakistan, India, china, UK US I have studied the styles of embroidery since I was 15 and although all the old schiffli machines have now gone from UK, there are still distinct differences from each country. The main danger is now Vietnam as new collectors will not study pieces before spending amounts of money, Andrew

Hello,

It sounds to me that your trying to play some kind of game here, and I don't like meaningless games here on what I consider to be a serious forum. If I remember correctly (all that time ago) at the beginning of this thread you asked for opinions on a badge that your now saying you made and is a copy? So why ask the question in the first place? And why wait for so long to come back to the thread? Please provide us with some evidence as to your claims as at the moment I really don't like where your heading as things just don't sound right at all.

As you also passed judgment on 2 x 24L bullion badges belonging to a member who has now left the forum (but I remember the details of his post and have seen both badges in the flesh, as well as the book they are published in) are you saying that your an expert on WW2 24L insignia?

FMT600
Old 28-11-15, 06:40 AM

Which badge are you referring to, the badge in your original post or another completely different badge that was not in your original post?

Quote:
Old 28-11-15, 06:55 AM

Andy,
I am rather bewildered by "Andrew's" posts in this thread!
Kind regards Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2747andy View Post
Frank,
I advertised the badge as original, as I honestly thought it was!

Cloth items are not my forte so I had it verified by someone who I thought knew his onions and has published works on the subject. Several collectors also believed it to be authentic! Now a purveyor of fakes claims he made it?

I have an identical example in my own collection and I am more than happy with it!

I'm not sure what or where Andrew is going with this, however I was warned off before the thread was started, so I'm either totally wrong with my listing, or this purveyor of fakes is spouting S.H. One Tee.

I'm very bored with this Asian Mud Slinging already

Andy

Tags
bullion, cap badge, copy, lancers