British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 18-04-15, 07:08 AM
Hanbut

Default Fake 24th Lancers Bullion

http://www.sellmymilitaria.com/site/...dge&Itemid=477

Opinions on this please I feel it might not be pre 1952 manufacture? Just my opinion but would like the thoughts of the professionals on here?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CopyLancers1.jpg (115.2 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg CopyLancers2.jpg (68.7 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by Hanbut; 19-04-15 at 10:37 AM.
Old 18-04-15, 08:57 AM
Former Member

Hi Hanbut,
I'm sorry you feel it is overpriced! Can you also tell me why you have posted this in the Restrike, Fakes, Forgeries and Copies Section?

I would also like to point out that in the spirit of the site (SMM - see extract below), you should raise any issues directly with the seller/advertiser. This badge is mine and you have not had the Good Manners to contact me, if you have concerns over it's authenticity!

Self-Moderation.

If you feel a seller has incorrectly described an item, or the item is possibly a reproduction, then please contact them direct, be polite and if you are unable to agree with each other then please contact us. It is not worth getting into a confrontation and this often fails to get any positive result.

You have also used images which belong to me without my consent! An explanation would be appreciated please!

Best Regards

Andy

Last edited by 2747andy; 18-04-15 at 09:04 AM.
Old 18-04-15, 09:45 AM
guest123a

DELETED

Last edited by guest123a; 23-07-15 at 04:23 PM.
Old 18-04-15, 10:23 AM
Hanbut

Default Fake / Copy 24th Lancers

This is definately a copy, I am sure if you remove the material from the reverse you will see the cotton holding the silver wire will be white and will glow under uv light. I agree that the way is not to publicly flog a seller but it does seem to be the way this forum works when someone is selling copies, even when they sell them clearly marked as a copy. (But maybe these are just a few forum users that like to use this for a more personal attack) I am sorry if you took this personally but do stand by my opinion on this badge
Old 18-04-15, 10:25 AM
Hanbut

Default 24th Lancers

Again I really do not like the badge on the right. The left badge is 100%
Old 18-04-15, 11:18 AM
Former Member

The item has been temporarily removed from sale.
Old 18-04-15, 12:06 PM
Member 2010-21- Rest in Peace

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2747andy View Post
The item has been temporarily removed from sale.
G'day Andy, Pm sent
Old 18-04-15, 12:39 PM
guest123a

DELETED

Last edited by guest123a; 23-07-15 at 04:23 PM.
Old 18-04-15, 02:06 PM
Former Member

Further to the above post the badge offered for sale on SMM has also been verified in the past. If you (Hanbut) do not like it or have concerns about it's authenticity then you should have the Good Manners to comply with the guides posted on the site upon which it was displayed! Please also remove the images you have used without my permission. I am happy that the item is as listed and has been returned to the site.

Andy

Last edited by 2747andy; 18-04-15 at 02:25 PM.
Old 18-04-15, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanbut View Post
This is definately a copy, I am sure if you remove the material from the reverse you will see the cotton holding the silver wire will be white and will glow under uv light. I agree that the way is not to publicly flog a seller but it does seem to be the way this forum works when someone is selling copies, even when they sell them clearly marked as a copy. (But maybe these are just a few forum users that like to use this for a more personal attack) I am sorry if you took this personally but do stand by my opinion on this badge
True enough isn't it?
Old 18-04-15, 03:11 PM

Hanbut
You should have got in touch with Andy first, with reference to your opinion about this badge. I respect your opinion, but the way you have dealt with this matter is not very professional. My opinion only. Andy is a very long serving member on this forum and will, and has help many members. He has removed the badge in a professional manner.
Andy
Old 17-05-15, 08:48 AM
Member 2010-21- Rest in Peace

Thumbs up

Hanbut

Thanks for drawing my attention to this badge, I might have missed it other wise.

This badge is now safely in collection, A big thank you to Andy for enabeling me to buy the badge which is identical to badge 34 A on page 67 of Peter Seaman's book on the 22nd Dragoons to 27th Lancers cavalry regiments.

This a fantastic and rare badge.

Again thanks Andy.

Regards

Phil.
Old 17-05-15, 09:00 AM
Former Member

Phil,
Thank you and should you ever feel you wish to return it, as with all my items, they carry a Lifetime Guarantee and I will refund without question.

Best Regards

Andy
Old 17-05-15, 10:01 AM

Location: A Yorkshireman in exile 'Up North' and an ‘Honorary Smoggie’.

I have to add a comment in support of Andy. As a novice collector, I have received a lot of support and help from Andy. Nothing has been too much trouble and I have absolutely no doubt with regard to his expertise or about the authenticity of the badges he offers for sale. I feel also that he has displayed dignity and professionalism in response to the comments made in this thread.
Old 17-05-15, 10:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanbut View Post
I agree that the way is not to publicly flog a seller but it does seem to be the way this forum works when someone is selling copies, even when they sell them clearly marked as a copy. (But maybe these are just a few forum users that like to use this for a more personal attack) I am sorry if you took this personally but do stand by my opinion on this badge
7 years is a long time to make this statement Andrew. I would have thought you would have done it quicker.

Tags
bullion, cap badge, copy, lancers