British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 07-09-14, 05:36 PM

I believe promising and committing has nothing to do with doing. The supposed menace of Russia is a policy set in motion by the US before ISIS caught us with our trousers down.
The Ukraine crisis will fade away, cause some extra military spending for the arms dealers in Europe, make everyone feel safer the Russian Bear is in his place but ISIS will take all of our "commitments" for the future.

I mean we need Putin to get Syria to help......
Old 07-09-14, 05:45 PM

I had a day out yesterday at Flodden where in 1531 20-25,000 English defeated 60-80,000 Scot's, let's forget about Bannockburn.
Old 07-09-14, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercian View Post
I had a day out yesterday at Flodden where in 1531 20-25,000 English defeated 60-80,000 Scot's, let's forget about Bannockburn.
Yes, we've had our moments.......
Old 07-09-14, 06:22 PM

I don't blame Scotland for wanting to leave us, why should they be run by us idiots.
Old 07-09-14, 06:29 PM

We've been run by the same idiots for 500 years, we didn't do too bad. If you want live in a country run by real McCoy idiots, try the states.
Old 07-09-14, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenadierguardsman View Post
I don't blame Scotland for wanting to leave us, why should they be run by us idiots.
There are 85 Scottish MP's in Westminster, with 59 Scottish seats 'mostly Labour'
Many more MP's with Scottish Ties including Mr. Cameron.
If Scotland do vote for Independence, it will certainly be an interesting General Election for the remainder of the UK in 2015
Old 07-09-14, 07:09 PM

It'll probably mean Conservatives for a generation. And hopefully with some input from UKIP.
Old 07-09-14, 08:31 PM

My questions for Mr Salmond is will the Queen need to bring her passport when she visits Balmoral? Will N.Ireland drivers require a 'visa' to travel from Cairnryan (ferry) to Carlisle (England)?
Eddie
Old 08-09-14, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebro View Post
My questions for Mr Salmond is will the Queen need to bring her passport when she visits Balmoral? Will N.Ireland drivers require a 'visa' to travel from Cairnryan (ferry) to Carlisle (England)?
Eddie
My question is , What will they gain? The average man in the street will still have to work for too low a wage while the politicians will be living off the fat of the land. Whether they vote yes or no they're going to end up with politicians running , or should that be ruining, their lives.
Old 08-09-14, 08:01 AM

Quote. My question is , What will they gain? The average man in the street will still have to work for too low a wage while the politicians will be living off the fat of the land.

The only gain would be that Mr Salmond would then appear to be a big fish in his own small pond.
Eddie
Old 08-09-14, 09:28 AM

I think A Salmon what's to be the first President
Old 08-09-14, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercian View Post
I think A Salmon what's to be the first President
I think you hit the nail on the head there, along with his side kick as chancellor.

All I can add is on the Canada and the Quebec issue. More and more are glad the vote didn't go through and a realisation that unity is for them a major benefit. Of course they still have the nut case French who hold out, as they would cut their nose off to spite their face (that's the French ), but more and more are permanently swinging to a no position. I think if the Scots vote yes, in time it will come to be a regret. I would think being part of one of a very few countries in Europe that anyone listens to, to become something akin to Luxembourg is not something I would relish.
Old 08-09-14, 02:06 PM

On a TV show last night and there was an interview with the man who stole the Stone of Destiny and he stated "That a chill ran through the benches of Parliament looking for a Spine to go up" when the stone was stolen and Scottish independence was mentioned..... Which I thought was quite good this was followed immediately by the news and they said 52% Yes 45% No and then the undecided......

Mike
Want's anything named Clare or Cherer
Old 08-09-14, 02:13 PM

Yes, I've seen that interview. If spineless brings you control of nearly a third of the planet, not a bad condition to have.
Old 08-09-14, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGSHANKS View Post
I think you hit the nail on the head there, along with his side kick as chancellor.

All I can add is on the Canada and the Quebec issue. More and more are glad the vote didn't go through and a realisation that unity is for them a major benefit. Of course they still have the nut case French who hold out, as they would cut their nose off to spite their face (that's the French ), but more and more are permanently swinging to a no position. I think if the Scots vote yes, in time it will come to be a regret. I would think being part of one of a very few countries in Europe that anyone listens to, to become something akin to Luxembourg is not something I would relish.

Not too bad Simon about your views on Canada/Québec poliltics.......
Jo

“There are things we know that we know,” “There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.”
Donald Rumsfeld, before the Iraqi Invasion,2003.

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.