British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 14-11-13, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussar100 View Post
Kick the dog, if you have one.

Glyn
Please don't kick the dog

"One day I'll leave you, a phantom to lead you in the Summer, to join the Black Parade"
Old 14-11-13, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubervamp View Post
Please don't kick the dog
For dogs lovers everywhere: I was only joking.

No dogs were harmed in the writing of this post.
Old 14-11-13, 10:33 AM

hi dave,

i did not see the thread before it was took down,so i cant comment on it

however all friends and collegues do have spats,arguments,call it what you want, at times and threaten to leave but after a cpl of days they cool down and after more time they are friends again

i would say give it a few days, it would be a pity for us all if you just upped and left

philip
Old 14-11-13, 10:51 AM

“Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
Old 14-11-13, 11:44 AM
Banned

Gentlemen,

Having now corresponded with Andy on this matter it is evident to me that his post in my sales thread was nothing more than an inadvertent error and my subsequent posts were an over reaction.

In light of Andy's public apology to me, I in return now publicly apologise to him for the content of my posts which were not acceptable and I retract my generalisation that items on his website are over priced. I am sorry!

Below is an extract from an email that I sent to Andy upon learning that he had in fact made an apology to me for his error. This I hope will be an end to the matter, it is not the first time I have had to eat humble pie due to my participation on the forum, I hope it will be the last!

[QUOTE]Dear Andy,

It is with great regret that I find us once again at odds with each other over what has transpired on the forum in recent days.

I have learned from another forum friend that you made an apology to me within the thread in question, which I have not seen due to the deletion by the moderators of the posts in question.

Had I seen your post I would in all likelihood have accepted that your post offering the badge was in fact no more than an inadvertent error of timing and publicly accepted your apology, this would most likely have deterred others from posting and inflaming the situation and I am sorry that didn’t happen.

I also accept that the content of my second post was nothing less than childish but it was written in the heat of the moment and I admit to being spurred on by the PMs I received from other members that were in agreement with the sentiment I had expressed in my previous post. That said, I was the one who wrote the subsequent post and for that I apologise.

My biggest regret is that I have upset Dave Cutforth, a man who has been a good friend to us both. It seems that what may have been another storm in a tea cup has blown up out of proportion and it seems due to your comment in the subsequent thread that the matter may yet escalate which is a very unfortunate situation.
[QUOTE]

My regards to all and further apologies to those who may have taken offence from my recent posts.

May I also add that although there are sometimes incidents of this nature between members, others may take heart that it is most often the case that those involved do the right thing and make amends without it leading to long term ill feeling. I bear no malice or ill feeling to any of the participants in this or the thread that instigated it and should anyone do so it would be most unfortunate and regretful.

Ry
Old 14-11-13, 11:53 AM

Stay Dave your a good forum member, and will be missed.
Andy.
Old 14-11-13, 12:35 PM

[QUOTE=Charlie585;238745]Gentlemen,

Having now corresponded with Andy on this matter it is evident to me that his post in my sales thread was nothing more than an inadvertent error and my subsequent posts were an over reaction.

In light of Andy's public apology to me, I in return now publicly apologise to him for the content of my posts which were not acceptable and I retract my generalisation that items on his website are over priced. I am sorry!

Below is an extract from an email that I sent to Andy upon learning that he had in fact made an apology to me for his error. This I hope will be an end to the matter, it is not the first time I have had to eat humble pie due to my participation on the forum, I hope it will be the last!

[QUOTE]Dear Andy,

It is with great regret that I find us once again at odds with each other over what has transpired on the forum in recent days.

I have learned from another forum friend that you made an apology to me within the thread in question, which I have not seen due to the deletion by the moderators of the posts in question.

Had I seen your post I would in all likelihood have accepted that your post offering the badge was in fact no more than an inadvertent error of timing and publicly accepted your apology, this would most likely have deterred others from posting and inflaming the situation and I am sorry that didn’t happen.

I also accept that the content of my second post was nothing less than childish but it was written in the heat of the moment and I admit to being spurred on by the PMs I received from other members that were in agreement with the sentiment I had expressed in my previous post. That said, I was the one who wrote the subsequent post and for that I apologise.

My biggest regret is that I have upset Dave Cutforth, a man who has been a good friend to us both. It seems that what may have been another storm in a tea cup has blown up out of proportion and it seems due to your comment in the subsequent thread that the matter may yet escalate which is a very unfortunate situation.
Quote:

My regards to all and further apologies to those who may have taken offence from my recent posts.

May I also add that although there are sometimes incidents of this nature between members, others may take heart that it is most often the case that those involved do the right thing and make amends without it leading to long term ill feeling. I bear no malice or ill feeling to any of the participants in this or the thread that instigated it and should anyone do so it would be most unfortunate and regretful.

Ry
Nice one Ry.

That makes abundantly clearly the true nature of the man that you are.

Well done mate.

Got any RB badges for sale mate.

Regards

Brian
Old 14-11-13, 07:36 PM

Dave,

It wasn't so long ago that things were not so good for you (man down). At the forum there was a huge response of support for you then (I would say overwhelming support for you to recover) and as far as I can see nothing has changed. We still support you to the hilt and I for one always look to what you have to say. You are a great contributor of colourful posts and you as well as the rest of us make it what it is today. We need you Dave and I am looking forward to your next contribution.

Respectfully yours,

Garry
Old 14-11-13, 08:25 PM

Angry

If Dave goes, where can I send my spares
Old 14-11-13, 09:18 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Fatherofthree;238755][QUOTE=Charlie585;238745]Gentlemen,

Quote:
Dear Andy,

Nice one Ry.

That makes abundantly clearly the true nature of the man that you are.

Well done mate.

Got any RB badges for sale mate.

Regards

Brian
Thanks Brian for your kind words,

As for having RB badges for sale, all of them will most likely be put up for sale in the not too distant future as all things considered I have decided like Dave to hang up my spurs and finally move on.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the friends I made through the forum including yourself, for the good times, their knowledge and their generosity.

It has been in the main an enjoyable rollercoaster ride since I joined the forum and started participating seriously in the hobby but it has now run its course.

I will continue to visit and read what is going on for the time being but I intend this to be my last public post.

Good luck to all and long may you take enjoyment from the hobby and the forum.

Ry
Old 15-11-13, 01:30 AM
Former Member

Well having stewed over this for 24 hours, I had decided that the best course of action would be to just forget it ever happened but that would leave this very valuable Forum minus 2 esteemed members!

Firstly I appreciate Ry making an open apology here on the Forum, but why he feels he should fall upon his sword and become a mere Forum voyeur escapes me! All that has happened is that two people have misinterpreted what has been posted! Normally in classified posts the term "pm sent" usually means that an advertised item has been snapped up, and it was such an event that prompted me to post a link to a similar available badge! As it later unfolded the original item had not been sold and I was guilty of misinterpreting the state of play! S**t happens!

Ry then went off on one because he thought I had stolen his chance to sell a badge! Which I can fully understand and for which I made my apologies! I suspect it was as a result of some goading by PM that he followed up his annoyance with a rather tasty post?

Ry, don't be a sacrificial lamb for those with less moral fibre than yourself! You obviously enjoy the Forum and others quite clearly enjoy your contribution too!
We both misread the ongoing situation and we have exchanged courtesies, ENDEX as you put it in another thread!

Dave, why you should also feel you must bow out also escapes me! You are undoubtedly the best friend I have made from my time on this Forum, and it was you who introduced me in the first place! Whilst I admire your support, I wish you would reconsider your stance on this one, and despite what you might say at present, I know how much enjoyment you get from the Forum despite the occasional bitching that crops up now and then! The best course of action you could take, would be to stay, as if you did leave I would forever feel a sense of guilt for your departure! It was not that long ago when you were almost on the cusp of signing for your wings and a harp, that there was an unreserved display of goodwill and almost without exception the membership were wishing for your swift return!

Guys please don't take this the wrong way but you both (Dave and Ry) need to go to the fridge, find a can of "Man Up" juice and take a long gulp! then put this hiccup behind you!

Whilst I'm in spouting mode I would also like to add that, the majority of the members of this Forum are here to learn from others, me included! Those who take pride in their knowledge of the dictionary and get off at being Word Smiths, contribute very little in my opinion! Whist an individual might get enormous personal enjoyment from proclaiming how clever they are, not being able to illustrate what they claim to possess, is again in my opinion nothing more than arrogance! I have always worked on the principle of "Put Up or Shut Up" and braggers don't impress!

Well that's me for now, tomorrow is another day and I'm sure it won't be long before someone else drops a Boo Boo and this little spate is all but forgotten!

Ry, your Rifle Brigade knowledge is an ongoing requirement so please go outside and find your teddy! and Dave your badge 1st Aid and MBA attributes are equally required so please reconsider! You have 24 hours or I'll be up there to kick your arse! anyway my badge was nicer than Ry's lol!

Andy

Last edited by 2747andy; 15-11-13 at 07:29 AM.
Old 15-11-13, 02:37 AM

Dave, I hate to see you go, and do hope you reconsider. I honestly do not blame you one bit for feeling this way. You need to do what is right for you ,BUT for your own reasons.

I have spent less time here lately, in part due to some of the bickering, but still feel the forum is the best one for Commonwealth Badges, bar none.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
Old 15-11-13, 07:14 AM

Nice that both Ry and Andy can express their feelings in a mature and sensible way.

Although I am a bit worried about the use of sharp implements Andy!! ie

"proclaiming how cleaver they are"
Old 19-11-13, 02:01 PM
Banned

Well following these post's and the deleted thread as a brand new collector and a member of this forum for a couple of weeks now, I wonder why I ever joined.

All that I have seen is a load of old women with handbag's at dawn.
Andy I find your post to be very sarcastic when you clearly say to the two members not to leave, then tell them to go to the fridge and get some man up juice and then say don't take offence. (How many can's have you got in yours)

I have read a lot of your post's over the last few weeks and find that they are very derogative and some what very sarcastic all you seem to say is that it is a fantasy badge (what does this mean) you don't explain yourself, I think you should think before you speak.

Experience is everything in collecting badges as I am finding out day by day for which I have none, but I would certainly not want you to comment on any of my post's (if I ever decide to now)

I think you should consider leaving and leave genuine collectors to get on with there field, as you dealers are only out for yourselves and your not interested in collectors only taking there money, and if that's you on ebay (a***d) 2747andy well you have not got even the decency to bid properly during the auction you always snipe with 2 seconds to go, not that you have ever done it to me but feel sorry for the guy who bid on it with 7 days to go and then gets jumped at the last second, (Definitely not Cricket old boy is it)

This was posted by a brand new member 3 months collecting member since October 2013 and if this is what I have seen since joining god help us all.

Tony
Old 19-11-13, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Para View Post
Well following these post's and the deleted thread as a brand new collector and a member of this forum for a couple of weeks now, I wonder why I ever joined.

<snip>

Tony
Tony, please don't go down that road. A lot of the members here are civvies and they need to be given a lot of leeway because there are so many different kinds of personalities.

Even some of us ex-forces guys behave strangely when we return to civvy street.

There's sometimes a lot of forgiving a forgetting to be done to try and keep everyone happy and at the end of the day we're all striving to support the greater thing - the site.

It's not a big ask, is it?

Regards
Glyn