British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 31-08-11, 11:14 PM
Banned

Andy - You don't have to thank me for my 'positive input' on anything. Please believe me, my input is directed at the Forum as a whole, not self-opinionated (quotation) individuals like you. I ask no thanks, I ask no recognition, I ask no special status, I ask nothing but the right of any member to speak freely and openly on whatever subject they wish. You have your 'style' of response and I have mine and they are different. Stick to yours and I will stick to mine - there is no need whatsoever for our paths to cross ! David
Old 01-09-11, 07:58 AM
Member 2008-16- Rest in Peace

This is an interesting thread, I also know very little about Yeomanry or Cavalry even though I collect in particular, arm badges, I have a few cap badges and titles too.

I have had quite a few pointers shown to me during the course of this post, so to me it has done some good, the littles niggles have interested me too, because one or two more people have voiced their opinions.

Now that C.ft D. has admitted that all he wants, is for people to speak freely and openly about any subject ( what a sweeping endorsement ), I will also offer my opinion on why C.ft D. did not involve himself in this thread.

I must agree with others that the tone of Peter's replies did alter dramatically during the thread but it is my belief that C.ft D. didn't get involved earlier, because he realised very quickly, that Peter was so wrong and then he dug himself such a deep hole, his intervention would have made him look as though all he did was jump to Peter's defence and we all know that isn't what C.ft D. does...............................is it ?

Dave.
Old 01-09-11, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counsel for the Defence View Post
I ask nothing but the right of any member to speak freely and openly on whatever subject they wish.

I am so pleased that David has given all of us mere forum members the authority to speak freely and openly. Thank you for that gift. So OK, where to start?

I know that David has 'set' me to ignore (therefore I doubt I will get a reply to this from him) but such infantile, provocative behaviour often laced with arrogance and disrespect for others does not belong here amongst so many good people. When I see posts from David (as above) and the nastiness in his PM's, I really do ask myself what the motivation is for some people on this forum.

Having followed last nights posts between Peter and Andy, it seems to me, as others have eluded to, that someone perhaps may have been guiding Peter's post. But that’s just an opinion of course and I don’t know for sure.

I would guess that the majority of controversy on this forum has involved just a couple of specific members.

So is time for these members to do the right thing and let us all get on with the real business of the forum? In the interests of speaking freely, your thoughts would be appreciated.

Ivan
Old 03-09-11, 08:14 AM
Former Member

I cannot believe that having been clearly shown to be of "Suspect Credentials" here on the Forum, this dealer has relisted this badge as genuine?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3705321373...84.m1438.l2649

Perhaps he hopes there is a "Non Forum Member" on ebay willing to shell out on a probable copy?

I can see why some call it "Evilbay" now!

Very disappointing Peter!

Best regards

Andy
Old 04-09-11, 08:31 PM

Andy

For some unknown reason I cannot access your images for this badge. I would like members comments on these images though. Badge measurement is 1.583 inches high and 1.179 inches wide on the scroll. Thanks in Advance.

Cheers Paul.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0181.jpg (90.7 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0179.jpg (83.6 KB, 45 views)
Old 04-09-11, 08:50 PM
Former Member

Paul,
you should now be able to see the images, your badge looks rather pitted as though it may have been in the ground at sometime? I would say however that the seeding to the base scroll and the depth of relief is rather poor!

Here's a similar example from a known (IMO) copy seller

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/26th-HUSSA...item336b2426e5

Best regards - Andy

Last edited by 2747andy; 04-09-11 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-09-11, 10:38 PM

Andy

Your album pictures are now showing up and I can see the difference between yours and mine, the dots on the crown for instance. The badge I have looks like it was cast so maybe that's why it looks pitted. Well I guess mine will be a space filler for now.

Cheers Paul.