British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 19-11-13, 07:06 PM

Default "Our sincerest apologies"

This envelope arrived today. As you can see from the pic it's been manhandled somewhere across it's trek from the UK to Norway. Looks like it got caught in a conveyor belt. Luckily the sender had wrapped the badge properly inside the envelope, and it escaped unscathed
Made me think twice about postal insurance, but in this case that would have cost twice what I paid for the badge.

I guess I shouldn't complain, though. I've had hundreds of items sent me over the last twenty years, and this is the first time this has happened that I can remember.

Cheers all!

Colin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (62.5 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (97.9 KB, 81 views)

"One day I'll leave you, a phantom to lead you in the Summer, to join the Black Parade"
Old 19-11-13, 07:32 PM

Cool Badge damage

When you think about it, most peoples badge collections that have some items that have literally been through "Hell and high water" at one point or another, they are not ming vases, but items that probably saw service in some of the most traumatic events in history.

Insurance is OK against loss, but expensive.

Rob
Old 20-11-13, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubervamp View Post
This envelope arrived today. As you can see from the pic it's been manhandled somewhere across it's trek from the UK to Norway. Looks like it got caught in a conveyor belt. Luckily the sender had wrapped the badge properly inside the envelope, and it escaped unscathed
Made me think twice about postal insurance, but in this case that would have cost twice what I paid for the badge.

I guess I shouldn't complain, though. I've had hundreds of items sent me over the last twenty years, and this is the first time this has happened that I can remember.

Cheers all!

Colin
I had one very similar the other day, but with an entire corner cut off on a diagonal - the machines must be especially hungry at this time of year...