British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 23-06-16, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibba Jabba View Post
One of our future members just blew a Russian jet out of the sky!

An existing member demands soldiers from this country be placed as guard on its borders with Russia.

The EU is not an organisation of peace, but rather an agitator to it.

Also high profile members are free of any questioning as to why they green lit wars in the Middle East.
Once again, my point was that the EEC/EU have kept the peace within the "club" ever since the signing of the Treaty of Rome.

As for the Middle East etc you need to look to Washington more than to Brussels.
Old 23-06-16, 12:11 PM

When I was in junior school, I predicted that we would live in the Unites States Of Europe, with a Federal Govt, single army and European Police Force, "a bit like america" I seem to recall saying. At nineish years old I saw it coming. My teacher laughed at me. I remember this because I have maintained the same prediction for the last 24 years. I hope Brexit comes true and proves me wrong.
Old 23-06-16, 12:12 PM
Badge Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWEF View Post
Once again, my point was that the EEC/EU have kept the peace within the "club" ever since the signing of the Treaty of Rome.

As for the Middle East etc you need to look to Washington more than to Brussels.
Exactly and that is why we must not be dragged along into anymore conflicts created by irresponsible member countries.
Old 23-06-16, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Exactly and that is why we must not be dragged along into anymore conflicts created by irresponsible member countries.
I agree that were were irresponsible to become involved in Afghanistan and in the Middle East, but we would probably have done that with or without European membership.
Old 23-06-16, 12:28 PM

Default out

I'm voting out. I've never considered myself being in, I didn't vote for it, and I'm not European. Why do we have so many unpatriotic people in the UK these days? Why do the 'In crowd' all seem to think the UK will simply fold without some one else telling us what we can and can't do, import export etc, etc .etc? Germany should have set up the EU in 1913. They would have got what they have now without the loss of so many lives
Old 23-06-16, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy4294 View Post
I'm voting out. I've never considered myself being in, I didn't vote for it, and I'm not European. Why do we have so many unpatriotic people in the UK these days? Why do the 'In crowd' all seem to think the UK will simply fold without some one else telling us what we can and can't do, import export etc, etc .etc? Germany should have set up the EU in 1913. They would have got what they have now without the loss of so many lives
Erm, you do realise that the UK is highly likely to fold if we vote out do you?
Old 23-06-16, 01:09 PM
Badge Guru

Quote:
Erm, you do realise that the UK is highly likely to fold if we vote out do you?
Erm no it isn't. What is likely to fold is our NHS, our housing, benefits system and all other public services if we stay in. Everything great about this country, used, abused and shut down.

Last edited by Jibba Jabba; 23-06-16 at 01:16 PM.
Old 23-06-16, 01:12 PM

It's better to die a free man than a slave, if it comes down to it. The EU will ruin us anyway. We have a voice in Europe that's listened to and valued? I don't think so.
Old 23-06-16, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Erm no it isn't. What is likely to fold is our NHS, our housing, benefits system and all other public services if we stay in.
The SNP are pushing for a second referendum if England votes to leave the EU.

As for the rest, none of that has anything to do with Westminster whatsoever?
Old 23-06-16, 01:18 PM
Badge Guru

Quote:
It's better to die a free man than a slave, if it comes down to it. The EU will ruin us anyway. We have a voice in Europe that's listened to and valued? I don't think so.
Flood defences.........paid for by British tax, paid for by British insurance policies. Shocking.
Old 23-06-16, 01:19 PM

Quote:
The awful thing is that you have just cancelled out Stephen Hawking's vote in the referendum:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...st-Brexit.html
Old 23-06-16, 01:23 PM
Badge Guru

Actors, footballers and scientists should stick to what they are good at.
Old 23-06-16, 01:23 PM

Quote:
But could you also live with it when the EU imposes tariffs on the goods we sell to them? We would be priced out of the market for anything other than speciality products.

Case in point, the oft cited Norway. Norway has to pay such a high tariff to export fish products to the EU that it would be uneconomic to do so.

So, Norway exports whole fish to Europe and that fish is turned in to ready meals, fish fingers etc. The processing jobs go not to Norwegians but to workers in places like Denmark, which is within the EU.
Watch TV for a night and tell me where the cars advertised are coming from! How many British cars do you see advertised? The EU needs us more than we need them. Do you really think that they are going to put import taxes on our goods! We could cripple their car exports!! Add in wine, cheese meats etc....
Old 23-06-16, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irv View Post
Watch TV for a night and tell me where the cars advertised are coming from! How many British cars do you see advertised? The EU needs us more than we need them. Do you really think that they are going to put import taxes on our goods! We could cripple their car exports!! Add in wine, cheese meats etc....
Very many of the cars might be made in the UK, but who are they made on behalf of?

Once the EU imposes tariff barriers on cars made in the UK, made outside of the EU by that stage, what is to stop the Japanese, Korean or American factory owner upping sticks and moving to Poland?

As for cheese, wine, BMWs etc, I am sure that they would sell us all that we could still afford to buy.

Unless, of course, the rump UK retaliated with its own tariff barriers.
Old 23-06-16, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Actors, footballers and scientists should stick to what they are good at.
Knowing how the world works rather than listening to self serving politicians?

Farage and UKIP are known to do no work in Europe and as for Boris Johnson...

Remember the press pack waiting outside Johnsons house waiting to see if he was going to be pro or anti Europe?

The simple truth is that Boris Johnson is pro Boris Johnson, and this is his best crack at becoming the next Prime Minister.

Give me scientists, industrialists and economists any day.