British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Books by Forum Members


Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

 Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH
 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 08-08-16, 07:27 AM
gb64's Avatar
gb64 gb64 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 845
Default

Welcome Rachael,
As said a great bunch on here, the place to continue learning

Gerard
__________________
Always interested in buying cap badges to the Middlesex Regt-Hertfordshire Regt-The Rifle Brigade
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-08-16, 08:11 AM
mooke07's Avatar
mooke07 mooke07 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,191
Default

Welcome Rachael,

Even on the other side of the Colonial world we are very friendly. The Lincolnshire and Leicestershire Regiments are great to collect to. Quite a few swaps if interested in anything just let me know via Personal Mail (PM) as we call them. My albums will give you a taste of the love I have of these and other badges, cheers Dean.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-08-16, 08:46 AM
gurkharifles's Avatar
gurkharifles gurkharifles is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 507
Default

Welcome Rachael - I should warn you that Ian is considered the "good-looking one" amongst us!

Tim
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-08-16, 06:24 PM
Sawstonjohn's Avatar
Sawstonjohn Sawstonjohn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 411
Default

...........and you could also add Huntingdonshire and Rutlandshire


John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofacqms View Post
Rachael,

Welcome to the forum, you seem to like Regiments that are from the East of England and those that were included into the East Anglian/Royal Anglian units, but you have not included the Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Regts, I know two are Territorial, but not too expensive, is there a reason why you have not included these?

Rob
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-08-16, 07:08 PM
Irv's Avatar
Irv Irv is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Freshwater IOW
Posts: 627
Default

Welcome aboard Rachael
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-08-16, 07:53 PM
ubervamp's Avatar
ubervamp ubervamp is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,528
Default

Welcome to the forum!
Lot's of knowledgeable and helpful members here willing to share their expertise if you have any questions

Is there any specific period you collect to?

Cheers

Colin
__________________
"The Devonshires held this trench. The Devonshires hold it still "

"One day I'll leave you, a phantom to lead you in the Summer, to join the Black Parade"
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-08-16, 08:34 PM
Pixie's Avatar
Pixie Pixie is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: From West Wales but living in Bristol
Posts: 27
Thumbs up

Thanks all for the welcome, lovely!

The mainstay of my collection is the component regiments of the Royal Anglians and yes I do include the Beds and the Hertfordshire Regiments. Aside from a few collars and titles it's all cap badges or HPCs.

I do have some Cambridgeshire Regiment badges as well. In fact I bought a lovely Suffolks and Cambs yesterday.

Never really thought about the Rutlands or Huntingdondonshire Regts. As to period if I could I would prefer now to focus upon pre-WW1. However in all reality I am losing confidence in buying anything of that era through general lack of knowledge, they're all too expensive for mistakes to be made. Hopefully that's where everyone here can help

I do love books as well and so I'm just as happy buying a book about badges and my collection here is also going well. I don't yet have Chris' book on Anodised badges, perhaps a chrimbo pressie if Santa's listening and I've been good enough ;-)
__________________
Cwtsch a chusanau

Rachael
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-08-16, 08:48 PM
norfolk regt man's Avatar
norfolk regt man norfolk regt man is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: norfolk
Posts: 1,340
Default

Good choice of regiment you should post some photos
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-08-16, 09:34 PM
JON188's Avatar
JON188 JON188 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Sussex
Posts: 1,334
Default Welcome Rachael

It is nice to see another lady amongst us.
I have been lucky enough to trade and assist our lovely Tigerlily along the way.
Nice to see the Leicesters in your remit.
Happy collecting.
Regards
Jon
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-08-16, 07:15 AM
Tigerlily's Avatar
Tigerlily Tigerlily is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: East of England
Posts: 2,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
Thanks all for the welcome, lovely!

The mainstay of my collection is the component regiments of the Royal Anglians and yes I do include the Beds and the Hertfordshire Regiments. Aside from a few collars and titles it's all cap badges or HPCs.

I do have some Cambridgeshire Regiment badges as well. In fact I bought a lovely Suffolks and Cambs yesterday.

Never really thought about the Rutlands or Huntingdondonshire Regts. As to period if I could I would prefer now to focus upon pre-WW1. However in all reality I am losing confidence in buying anything of that era through general lack of knowledge, they're all too expensive for mistakes to be made. Hopefully that's where everyone here can help

I do love books as well and so I'm just as happy buying a book about badges and my collection here is also going well. I don't yet have Chris' book on Anodised badges, perhaps a chrimbo pressie if Santa's listening and I've been good enough ;-)
Rachael, I'm after Chris's book as well, like you hoping Santa thinks I've been good enough(I haven't )
I know you'll get all the help you need here and you'll quickly find lots of people you can turn to when you get stuck.

(And Jon you have always helped me and I appreciate your messages last week, your a star )

Alli
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-08-16, 07:27 AM
Frank Kelley's Avatar
Frank Kelley Frank Kelley is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,833
Default

I suspect that an elf will have made sure your details have been entered into the naughty book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
Rachael, I'm after Chris's book as well, like you hoping Santa thinks I've been good enough(I haven't )
I know you'll get all the help you need here and you'll quickly find lots of people you can turn to when you get stuck.

(And Jon you have always helped me and I appreciate your messages last week, your a star )

Alli
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-08-16, 07:36 AM
Tigerlily's Avatar
Tigerlily Tigerlily is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: East of England
Posts: 2,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kelley View Post
I suspect that an elf will have made sure your details have been entered into the naughty book!
I know, its rubbish, but being good is boring
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-08-16, 09:15 AM
Jackhr Jackhr is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: St Leonards Victoria, Australia
Posts: 688
Default

Tigerrrrr now behave
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-08-16, 09:25 AM
Tigerlily's Avatar
Tigerlily Tigerlily is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: East of England
Posts: 2,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhr View Post
Tigerrrrr now behave
Behave? what is this behave?

BTW Rachael there are a couple of us here deep in R'Anglian country if ever that's any help, dunno why it might help but you never know!

Alli
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-08-16, 11:54 AM
Frank Kelley's Avatar
Frank Kelley Frank Kelley is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,833
Default

Bad Girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
I know, its rubbish, but being good is boring
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.