British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Books by Forum Members


Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Formation Signs and Patches

 Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH
 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-03-09, 12:31 PM
wright241's Avatar
wright241 wright241 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....
Posts: 2,996
Default British Army Proficiency Badges - 157a

Can anyone help me get in touch with Denis Edwards and/or David Langley
as I have tracked down a musicians badge that is mentioned in their book
as not being seen. Or alternatively, pass my details on to them to see whether
they are interested in me sending some pictures of the badge.
The badge in question is the 157 badge in brass.
Thanks, david
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-03-09, 12:37 PM
Bill A's Avatar
Bill A Bill A is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,403
Default

David Langley is a member of the board and goes by the user name grumpy.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-03-09, 12:42 PM
wright241's Avatar
wright241 wright241 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....
Posts: 2,996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill A View Post
David Langley is a member of the board and goes by the user name grumpy.
Thanks Bill.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-03-09, 05:36 PM
REME245 REME245 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 293
Default

The book has recently been re-printed but unfortunately apart from a new chapter at the back not updated.

From memory David told me that Denis has now given his collection to the NAM so the chances of a full update are unlikely. I believe David's main interest is in the early trade badges.

Hopefully David will see this thread.

I also have what must be one of the largest trade badge collections in the country.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-03-09, 06:35 PM
wright241's Avatar
wright241 wright241 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....
Posts: 2,996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REME245 View Post
The book has recently been re-printed but unfortunately apart from a new chapter at the back not updated.

From memory David told me that Denis has now given his collection to the NAM so the chances of a full update are unlikely. I believe David's main interest is in the early trade badges.

Hopefully David will see this thread.

I also have what must be one of the largest trade badge collections in the country.
reme245,
Just so that I can highlight the badge with its "in use" background - what
would the colour have been for this particular one - scarlet background
or a border.... or?
david
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-03-09, 07:53 AM
REME245 REME245 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 293
Default

David

Brass badges are not my main area of interest but I assume they would have been applied directly to the uniform or have received a backing appropriate to the particular regiment or Corps.

Neil
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-03-09, 12:00 PM
wright241's Avatar
wright241 wright241 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....
Posts: 2,996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REME245 View Post
David

Brass badges are not my main area of interest but I assume they would have been applied directly to the uniform or have received a backing appropriate to the particular regiment or Corps.

Neil
OK and many thanks Neil, I'll use a scarlet backing.
david
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:41 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.