British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 21-07-11, 01:39 AM

Default Our Authors

Hello back, Mike.

I wrote and published "Artillery Flyers at War" in 2010, a history of the Canadian AOP during the Second World War, released from Merriam Press in Vermont, USA...and still selling well.

Some years ago, also released an edit of "History of the 31st Canadian Infantry Battalion CEF" through Temeron Books in Calgary.

My most recent book released by Alberta Publishing in hard-copy and e-version, "Buffalo Airways - Diamonds, DC3s and 'Buffalo Joe' McBryan," details a personal history of flying warbirds in the Arctic with the airline (with interest now gone wild on TV with ICE PILOTS NWT); we can barely keep up with the demand for the book, which is fast approaching Canadian "best seller" status.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mm082_fc_web.jpg (9.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 21-07-11, 08:21 AM

Default Huzzah!

Finally figured out the photo image access on these!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51ND93HW0SL._SL500_AA300_.jpg (19.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg primaryscreenshot.jpg (32.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 22-07-11, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thfoot View Post
Not recent but about 10 years ago I wrote a booklet " Insignia of the Kings liverpool Regiment Volunteers and Territorials"

The booklet desperately needs updating and contains a number of errors which have come to light in the intervening years but since changing my computer it seems I am now able to E mail copies of the booklet.

If anyone would like a copy please send me a PM with your E mail address and I will send you one.

P.B.

I should have said there is no charge.There is a copy for sale on Abebooks at the moment,the copy Walter Lambert had from me, for sale at £35 !!!

I've added it to the list, but there's a risk we might see it on ebay on CD once you start making digital copies! I've included a no redistribution note on the book page anyway
Old 22-07-11, 04:23 PM

Default Kindle readers and i-Pods

Actually, the Buffalo Airways book cannot by pirated through ebay as a CD, as it's a copyright item sold through Amazon for the Kindle reader and at Apple in San Francisco on iPad, iPod and iPhone...both fascinating mediums.

With respect to the conventional military books, their copyrights are sealed in stone (or, as much "stone" as Access Copyright protects in this country).
Old 22-07-11, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Hi, I was only referring to Peter's badge booklet, which he's offered in a downloadable format. Once it's easily transportable then expect the unscruplous to do just that - stick it on a CD, list it on eBay for £4.95 + £1.99 shipping

Actually perhaps you should do that yourself Peter. (once I've got my free copy of course! )
Old 22-07-11, 05:05 PM

Thanks Mike,

I may well do that after I update the booklet, in the meantime if you send me a PM I will gladly send you a copy.

Peter

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 23-07-11, 03:13 AM
Banned

Hello Mike,

I am in the process of writing a book on the history of Military Parachuting in Rhodesia 1961-1980. Many may not know but the original six Rhodesian PJI's were trained at Abingdon, England in 1961. There were more parachute descents into contacts by the Rhodesian Security Forces during the Bush War than by any other military in history.

The book will be finished by the end of this year and I will probably self publish it. The web site for the book is here: http://www.rhodesianpts.com/

More info regarding the cost and where to buy the book can be provided closer towards the end of the year. Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Green On - Go cover.jpg (56.0 KB, 4 views)