British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 11-01-21, 08:00 PM

Default Suffolk, Unvoided, Added Turret.

Hi All,
Anyone have any thoughts on my latest discovery? Most of these badges look as if they've been drilled, none too carefully, in two different places, on either side of the centre turret, they haven't bothered on this one, by the looks of it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0982.jpg (104.7 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0983.jpg (83.7 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by thursdaychris; 11-01-21 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-01-21, 08:02 AM

Although, I can't really imagine any reason why a badge like this would ever have been faked, I thought that I ought to check before I actually bought it. I have not, so far, seen a badge like this, anywhere else, and I would imagine that all of the added turret badges started off, just like this one, and they were then drilled on either side, this can be plainly seen when you compare the two badges.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0982.jpg (104.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0984.JPG (41.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0985.JPG (56.5 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by thursdaychris; 12-01-21 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-01-21, 10:21 AM

Default Suffolk, Unvoided, Added Turret.

All the badges like this that I have seen were very poorly made. This is the first with drilled holes for the voiding that I have noticed, maybe a short cut that never had the attentions of the file afterwards.

Rob
Old 12-01-21, 11:16 AM

Hi Rob, with the exception of the badge that Alan O has in his album, the drilling either side of the centre turret, on most of these badges, that I have seen, so far, seems very poorly done. This badge that I've posted here, certainly, hasn't been poorly drilled, but the rest of it isn't too brilliant, that's for sure. I have bought it, anyhow, I might just as well have all of the variations.

Last edited by thursdaychris; 17-01-21 at 08:24 AM.