British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Infantry

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-01-16, 02:00 AM

Pictured first is a WWII era cap badge with a war time modification. Some soldiers punched out or domed their cap badge. A little touch to personalize their gear that kind of fell within the dress regulations. Factory fresh cap badges have a slight dome to them but this takes it a step further.

Also pictured is a brass cap badge that has been platted. Brass cap badges were not popular when they were issued during the WWII. I am told the brass variation was a cost saving measure. At some point after WWII some of the unpopular brass cap badges were chrome platted.
I believe this is one of them, if you look at the front there is signs of sanding on the 48, this would have been done to help with the chroming process, also some of the detail and texture is gone, even the lugs are all the same color as the badge. This badge was made by William Scully Montreal but it is difficult to see due to the platting.

Lastly is what I believe is a post WWII Old Comrades Association blazer crest.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1641.jpg (95.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1643.jpg (49.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1644.jpg (85.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1645.jpg (97.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1649.jpg (86.9 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by 48th; 20-01-16 at 02:30 AM.