British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Corps, Branches and the Royal Canadian Artillery

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 04-03-16, 10:01 AM

Default Canada Gazette and General Orders

Hello all,

I have a couple of questions relating to the above publication which have come up in my research on Royal Canadian Artillery insignia post 1902.

1. The editions for June 1927 seem to be missing from the LAC site. This covers GO 42/1927 authorizing the RCA hat badge with UBIQUE in the top scroll.

Does anybody have a copy of that GO they could post, or even a rendition of the text? It was the adoption of this badge by the RCA that influenced staff suggestions in Australia in 1929 that the Royal Australian Artillery should also adopt a gun badge.

2. I also collect the cloth RCA unit titles up to the present and actively research the lineages of the units to which they belong. At the end of 1948 references to the RCA units and sub-units in Canadian Army Orders comes to a stop in the Gazette and these appear to be now published as Part B. Am I missing something or are CAO Part B published completely separately to the Gazette and thus unavailable?

I might note that I do have Falconer, the various LAC guides, DND Heritage Vol 3, and RCA SO Vol 2. It is the changes in the wartime Reserve army and post war allocation of sub-units to regiments that particularly interest me in adding to the above. If they are no longer available in the Gazette after 1948 then I'll just make do with the info in the other sources I've listed.

Thank you, Keith
Old 04-03-16, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Keith, I reviewed the dress instruction files I have for the RCA, and the GO is not in the file. (See your email for more on this question.)
I will forward your question re the CAO to another researcher.
Old 05-03-16, 05:07 AM

Here you go.

Old 05-03-16, 06:26 AM

Thanks Bill and Clive for your responses. Keith