British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Infantry

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 23-08-10, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edstorey View Post
You are making way too much out of this made-up uniform. The whole thing looks like it has been cobbled together from all manner of assorted items and is not worth the effort of informing the owner what it isn't nor getting to worked up about the various pieces. I would not go wasting museum staff time on this.
This sounds like a large portion of common sense to me ! I couldn't agee more !
Old 23-08-10, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
You are making way too much out of this made-up uniform. The whole thing looks like it has been cobbled together from all manner of assorted items and is not worth the effort of informing the owner what it isn't nor getting to worked up about the various pieces. I would not go wasting museum staff time on this.
All I asked the seller is to send me a picture of the hackle, I just need confirmation from the Black Watch what year are the arm patches from.

I know it's all cobbled together, I contact the museum all the time and never a waste of time.

It's My Regiment Edstorey. And I can Blast the Seller anytime I please for putting the Hackle on the wrong side.
Old 23-08-10, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

The Canadian Black Watch wore that pattern of shoulder title from late 1942 / early 1943 until unification. Unfortunately, the specific date can not be pinned down much more than that. There were printed shoulder titles in use, but were only on issue circa 1943 - 1945.
Old 23-08-10, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill A View Post
The Canadian Black Watch wore that pattern of shoulder title from late 1942 / early 1943 until unification. Unfortunately, the specific date can not be pinned down much more than that. There were printed shoulder titles in use, but were only on issue circa 1943 - 1945.
Thank you Mr Bill for the heads-up It's Appreciated.
Old 23-08-10, 05:28 PM

Default Blast Away!

Recce, blast away; it is always good to vent once in a while.
Old 23-08-10, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Recce, blast away; it is always good to vent once in a while.
There's medical research that has proven that venting and using Potty Mouth words is health and releasing Stress. Who Knew

Sir I'm more diplomatic then that.

Now the Uniform is Black Watch WWII and as Mr Bill has confirmed the year by the shoulder Titles.

I sent the Merchant a polite @ this is his reply

Quote:
I cannot get a close up of the hackle right now as I am out of town.
This uniform was purchased at Auction and I have added a few
items. If you still want a picture I can get it for you by the end of
the week. Thank you, Bill

- rc4asu3wxd
At least his honest and I politely advised him the Hackle is on the wrong side, and confirmed the Uniform is from The Second World War, and Canadian Black Watch.

See I'm not that much of a lovely Arse

Last edited by Recce; 23-08-10 at 06:46 PM.
Old 23-08-10, 06:41 PM
Banned

Sorry I have no Idea why the MSG was posted Twice.
Old 23-08-10, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Clarification Recce, the shoulder titles that are on the tunic may be wartime, but they were also the same as worn in the 1950's and even into the 60's. They are not indicative of the uniform being Second World War. As has been noted in the thread, the tunic appears to be the 49 pattern, and the shirt underneath is post war as well.
Old 23-08-10, 08:49 PM

Really don't know what to say about the auction content or the price....what would this guys listing fees be?
Old 23-08-10, 11:36 PM

Default Black Watch Uniform

As I stated earlier and as Bill has mentioned as well, the BD Tunic is post-WWII and most likely 1949 Pattern. More than likely the Trousers are post-WWII as well. As I stated earlier, the whole uniform is made up from all manner of items and is not WWII nor original.
Old 24-08-10, 12:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
As I stated earlier and as Bill has mentioned as well, the BD Tunic is post-WWII and most likely 1949 Pattern. More than likely the Trousers are post-WWII as well. As I stated earlier, the whole uniform is made up from all manner of items and is not WWII nor original.
Ok Just Mr Bill's Message disoriented Me.
Quote:
But I C Mr Bill elaborate, to me It looks like Post War. Yes that I agree 110% It's all made Up even the seller confirmed that on his @. Except the Uniform with the Black Watch Patches which he bought as a set, Tunic and Trousers.

That's why I Contacted the Museum to see if theres a difference in material from The Second world War to post war to the 60s, for the Black Watch Patch. In hindsight I never asked this question just saw the different uniforms worn through the years and the Patches had differences in Material.

Capt. Adam H. would know this.

Thank you all for orienting me in this matter.
Old 24-08-10, 01:51 PM

Default Uniform Listing

Recce, who cares what the seller says, that person made it clear that he/she knows nothing about the uniform when they posted the initial listing. Even if the seller bought the whole pile of stuff as a 'group' it does not matter as it has been established the whole thing is made up. As Bill said, the Black Watch (RHC) of Canada shoulder flash was used well into the late 1960s, so I think that without actually seeing the badge, it is difficult to tell if it is of WWII manufacture. If it were the printed version, then at least we would know that the badges are from WWII. The title combination of the CANADA badge under the shoulder flash is unconventional and if you look at the way in which the Canada badge appears to be tacked onto the tunic, the sewing job does not appear to be very good.
Old 24-08-10, 03:44 PM

Ugh...what a mess.....what Ed Said...who cares about ridiculous flea market crap with fantasy island prices....
Old 24-08-10, 11:52 PM
Banned

Post War Black Watch Officers Tunic this is in the Mens Mess of the Black Watch (RHC)

Last edited by Recce; 25-08-10 at 01:57 AM.
Old 25-08-10, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator

The post war tunic is an officer's cut away service dress, which has what appears to be gilt or anodized rank and buttons.
Sgt Johnson sports a very interesting shoulder. It is likely dated correctly, as the geometric pattern formation patch for the RHC is not visible. It appears to be a "T" shaped Black Watch title, which includes the Canada at the base. And there is no Canada nationality title on the tunic. There no authority for, or evidence of, the "T" shaped titles in CARO's or the regimental records that I have been able to find. This is the first confirmation of this type of title in wear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg black watch rhr t shape title.jpg (25.9 KB, 12 views)