British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Formation and Tasking Signs

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 11-11-19, 11:42 PM

Default Opinions on some shoulder titles

Last year I purchased a substantial part of a massive collection of cloth insignia. Inevitably this means I have a lot of items that fall outside of the scope of my collections, and I've decided that one of my winter projects is to begin dispersing these in earnest.

I've learned quite about searching the Canadian section of the forum, but I would appreciate some input on the items I am posting here. I have absolutely zero qualms about marking a repro item with a black sharpie if the verdict is "guilty".

I'm pretty confident about Group 1. Per the backing, it appears that the RMR title has had the MG trimmed. Group 2 also seems good. The 12 CTR have glue and paper traces from being mounted in an album. Group 3 I think are fake or I just don't know. Bill A. posted that Chateauguy never had a printed title. I know the PEILH had one, but it's also been faked. No clue about the CAC titles. Group 4 has me mostly in the dark. I know 1 CanPara has been extensively reproduced. I think the 2nd Canadian Special Infantry Battalion looks god from the front, but I don't know what the backing is supposed to be like.

Any help would be appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0012.jpg (84.0 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0013.jpg (85.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0014.jpg (69.1 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0015.jpg (76.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0016.jpg (75.4 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0017.jpg (66.9 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0018.jpg (74.7 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0019.jpg (84.9 KB, 45 views)
Old 13-11-19, 01:45 PM

Hi, for my pennies worth the Canadian Armoured Corps are both right. The embroidered one is I think the earlier pattern were they got the colours slightly wrong, best wishes Mike

Last edited by fearnaught; 13-11-19 at 05:56 PM.
Old 13-11-19, 06:09 PM

For my money, the printed Chateauguy and PEI Light Infantry are modern duds. You will receive opinions on the Parachute titles, I'm sure... and I know someone who would love the Royal Montreal (he used to be their Adjutant...)
Old 13-11-19, 07:23 PM

Thank you both for the replies! I do hope any other members who wish to chime in will do so.

I do plan to offer these (and others) to Forum members first before moving on to that well-known auction site.
Old 13-11-19, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

Hello enfant perdus,
The first set, all good. Second set, all good. Third set, both the Chateauguay and PEILH are fakes. In the last set, the 1 Cdn Para is not good, the remainder are.
Old 13-11-19, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

Pm sent.
Old 14-11-19, 03:12 AM

Your observations and what people above have posted is correct. Couple bice patches in their.
I collect Canadian WWI to WWII cloth and would be interested in seeing what you have.
Old 14-11-19, 04:40 AM

Thanks to everyone for the assistance! I'll likely be sharing more next week and will start offering in the For Sale section.