British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 15-04-21, 03:03 PM

Default Commissariat Staff Corps Badge ?

Can anyone please confirm that this badge relates to the Commissariat Staff Corps please. Nice quality embroidery, embroidered onto what appears to be velvet material. I'm assuming that it is shoulder insignia that's been cut from a uniform but may well be wrong. Would be interested to know its age too, I understand that the CSC existed from around 1859-69 (but again I could be wrong !)
Will be up for grabs once it's positively identified.

Thanks in advance

Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3578.jpg (53.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3579.jpg (74.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 15-04-21, 03:15 PM

A very nice, well made embroidered badge on Navy backing. I love the tight stitching in the letters, is it Brabam stitching ? (Don't know if spelt right)

I am not too keen on the crown though, even my bullion wire (QVC) badges are of a far better quality though.

I would not state it is Officers quality to start with and would not like to suggest it is a collar badge let alone an epaulette badge.

Let's see what others have to say as I believe this (could be) for a re-enactor or such like.

Ken (The Fatboy)

How about Police Service;
C Scottish Constabulary ????
Old 15-04-21, 04:00 PM

Ken

the embroidery is much more cream coloured in the flesh than it appears in the photos. I don't think for a second that it's a re-enactors piece, it's got age to it and is of the quality that one would expect from that time period. The rear of the stitching is backed by something similar to hessian, the velvet itself is actually black but appears blue where it has been cut and fraying is evident. As you say, lets see what other opinions are out there....

Thanks for your input, appreciate it

Cheers

Paul