British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Anodised Aluminium Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 04-09-08, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Douglas View Post
CB - Anyone who has served under Colours in the British Army (or other services) will tell you quite firmly - the British Army will always be the British Army - full stop ! Kind (and sympathetic) regards to the colonies. David
With you there, David. I can think of several relatives alone who had the honour
of serving under the Colours of the British Army, who would probably jump from
their graves to protest any name change.
Regards
Max
Old 04-09-08, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Douglas View Post
oc14 - If you believe for one moment that officers of certain regiments - The Household Cavalry - The Guards - will accept a 'one standard' of service dress than I doubt you understand the essence of the officer class within the British Army. Operations - yes ! training - yes ! But elsewhere - I doubt it ! OK - it hasn't happened yet - why don't we wait and see when (or if) it does ? I don't mean to be difficult but I know the power of the officer class - even in the 21st century. Regards. David

David
far from lacking an understanding of the essence of the officer class within the British Army - I am actually part of the class that you refer to (serving since 1976, Commisioned since 1984 and still serving !). I am assuming that you know the power of the officer class from first hand experience ?

Sometimes even the Household Div have to follow regulations like everyone else !

Regards
Paul
(OC14)
Old 04-09-08, 11:56 AM
David Douglas

Default Firmin etc.

Paul - My experience does extend to having been Commissioned - yes. But that is by-the-by and quite irrelevant. I will stick by my comments and simply wait and see ! In the end, some of us will be right and some will be wrong ! Time will tell. regards. David
Old 05-10-09, 03:30 PM

Interesting to note that new patterns of Cloth Rank & Trade badges are being issued for the new No2 Dress, but more importantly Collar Badges with Clutch Pins have also started to replace Lugs for use with it as well, on wastage and will be 'metal' badges instead of anodised, as are all new issue cap badges.

Wanted Poppy Pins