British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Closed Thread

Old 24-03-14, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan O View Post
Chaps,

I think when we start debating inflammatory and biased Wikipedia pages which have been created with a political agenda, then this thread has run its course.

Alan
Im Surprised you did nothing when there was swearing in the posts and the mick taking of a large bloke and his genitals as this offended me and I suspect a few other large members on this forum.

Malc

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover.

Last edited by Malcolm Davey; 25-03-14 at 04:53 AM.
Old 24-03-14, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Davey View Post
Im Surprised you did nothing when there was swearing in the posts and the mick taking of a large bloke and his genitals as this offended me and I suspect a few other large members of this forum.

Malc
I've been following this thread and was saddened to see it take a turn from what could have been/was an interesting discussion on dressing up in military clothes and military enactment to then turn into a public slanging match.
I'm surprised by some of the comments made about the person in the picture.
And I wonder why otherwise intelligent, knowledgeable people would resort to that sort of spite. Most of all, I'm surprised to read comments like this on a forum dedicated to the furthering of knowledge, study and community.
It's bullying, plain and simple, the kind I'd expect on facebook.

The only thing more cowardly than playground bullying is faceless, electronic bullying. I only hope the person depicted is not a member of the forum, or privy to it's threads.

Peace out

Colin

"One day I'll leave you, a phantom to lead you in the Summer, to join the Black Parade"
Old 25-03-14, 08:06 AM

Quote:
A war crime is a war crime who ever does them big or small, face it they happened.
Or in a lot of highly publicised cases were alleged to have happened. Until you have walked in the shoes of the alleged perpetrators you'll never understand what drove them to commit the alleged crime.
Old 25-03-14, 08:43 AM

Quote:
A war crime is a war crime who ever does them big or small, face it they happened.
Quite true, warfare is a messy business, it should be total or not at all, preferably, not at all.
I havn't noticed anyone giving the Roman living history people a hard time but how many millions did that empire kill or enslave.
Incidentally, regarding the Wiki war crimes page section on soldiers raping civilians, a recent report stated that female US soldiers in Afganistan are more likely to be raped by colleagues than killed by the enemy.

Lee

www.khakicolonel.com
Old 25-03-14, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

I thnk this thread has had its day. Back to badges please or go to off topic.
Closed Thread