British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 06-07-19, 11:17 AM

Frank et al
I had to let a couple of the lots go but think the two additional SBS wings and two additional knife badges went to different folks, and also the COMMANDO SBS title, Medal Ribbon etc, and Beach Partol lot - not sure if any one else got more than one lot but hoping they did and some things did stay together besides the stuff I got ...

If anyone on here got anything please PM me - just so that I know where it is ... I am not an ambulance chaser, just for interest and knowing where it ended up.

Regards
Mike
Old 06-07-19, 02:32 PM

Okay then, I just wondered where your information actually came from, but, fourteen consecutive lots is certainly not "throughout" the catalogue, so you are merely speculating regarding commission then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky Cat View Post
well on the 14 lots alone as Belly says, that would be enough if it were me to negotiate a better than 20% rate

With the age of the internet bidding, telephone bidding, bidding in person this can be done at any auction house so it really is a seller’s market when it comes to choosing an auction house to sell at

Slinky Cat
Old 06-07-19, 03:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kelley View Post
Okay then, I just wondered where your information actually came from, but, fourteen consecutive lots is certainly not "throughout" the catalogue, so you are merely speculating regarding commission then?
wow you have to quote the word “throughout”. It’s irrelevant whether they are throughout or all consecutive the point remains the same ... the total is a lot of £££££

The lots came to around £18000, on 20% that’s £3600, on 15% that’s £2700
It’s not speculation it’s a fact that sellers of multiple lots of high value negotiate better rates. Wake up ! Bosleys do not have control of the market so you can go anywhere to sell your stuff, they’d be stupid not to do a deal if the seller demands

Slinky Cat
Old 06-07-19, 03:39 PM
Banned

+1 for frank

A nice warm welcome to a new forum member
Old 06-07-19, 04:09 PM

No not at all, I merely wondered where you had got that information from, I quoted the word because of what you appeared to be saying, quite frankly, that word is inappropriate in this case, fourteen consecutive lots, in a catalogue of in excess of eight hundred lots.
Regarding "Wake up" I would like to know what your evidence is, in this particular case, given the terms of business are published.

Quote:
wow you have to quote the word “throughout”. It’s irrelevant whether they are throughout or all consecutive the point remains the same ... the total is a lot of £££££

The lots came to around £18000, on 20% that’s £3600, on 15% that’s £2700
It’s not speculation it’s a fact that sellers of multiple lots of high value negotiate better rates. Wake up ! Bosleys do not have control of the market so you can go anywhere to sell your stuff, they’d be stupid not to do a deal if the seller demands

Slinky Cat
Old 06-07-19, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
No not at all, I merely wondered where you had got that information from, I quoted the word because of what you appeared to be saying, quite frankly, that word is inappropriate in this case, fourteen consecutive lots, in a catalogue of in excess of eight hundred lots.
Regarding "Wake up" I would like to know what your evidence is, in this particular case, given the terms of business are published.
You are missing the point! £18k worth of lots is enough to negotiate better deal on commission

I have dealt with Bosleys in the past when I sold a large portion of my cloth collection (12 years ago) and negotiated a 3% better deal on their standard rate. Also more recently with C&T when selling medals a better rate. With C&T that was only over 20 lots but when it’s £12k worth a few % better makes a difference

The wake up comment in with regards to brokering a better deal with auction houses - without us buyers and sellers - they are nothing

Slinky Cat
Old 06-07-19, 04:29 PM
Mr. Jackanory

Best school teacher look and voice.

Calm down the lot of yer !!!

Would you talk to your grannies like that ?
Old 06-07-19, 04:37 PM
Banned

I only joined a few days ago, with some hesitation too

I don’t think frank has done business with auction houses as he appears to be quite naïve
Old 06-07-19, 04:40 PM
Mr. Jackanory

We all try to be friends on here and not seeing a face or expression can be tricky when communicating.
I assess no ones naivety.
Lets get along everyone
Detention after school Friday otherwise
Old 06-07-19, 04:53 PM

Actually, I have, notwithstanding, I simply wondered exactly what your evidence was in this particular case, that is all, nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:
I only joined a few days ago, with some hesitation too

I don’t think frank has done business with auction houses as he appears to be quite naïve
Old 06-07-19, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Actually, I have, notwithstanding, I simply wondered exactly what your evidence was in this particular case, that is all, nothing more, nothing less.
Matti, he definitely, needs, a detention, for overusing, the comma,
Old 06-07-19, 05:16 PM
Mr. Jackanory

I also over use the comma, often due to pausing whilst thinking whilst researching
Old 06-07-19, 10:56 PM

As mentioned, there is of course, two lots of commission of whichever percentage is shown or negotiated on each item..................from both buyer and seller.

Id est, a badge hammers at £100, commission is 20% for both parties, the greedy bastard makes £40.00 in an instant; next step, £1000, 400 quid in his sky rocket in the blink of an eye. Greedy bastard.

Now, escalate that hammer price to the items subject of this thread.

I reiterate, greedy bastard. And for the perceptive amongst you; no, I don't like the bloke.

Over the last 2 or 3 years of his auctions I have not bid on a number of items I would have liked to have in my collections, because I refuse to give him any of my hard earned ££££££.

Regards

Brian
Old 06-07-19, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherofthree View Post
As mentioned, there is of course, two lots of commission of whichever percentage is shown or negotiated on each item..................from both buyer and seller.

Id est, a badge hammers at £100, commission is 20% for both parties, the greedy bastard makes £40.00 in an instant; next step, £1000, 400 quid in his sky rocket in the blink of an eye. Greedy bastard.

Now, escalate that hammer price to the items subject of this thread.

I reiterate, greedy bastard. And for the perceptive amongst you; no, I don't like the bloke.

Over the last 2 or 3 years of his auctions I have not bid on a number of items I would have liked to have in my collections, because I refuse to give him any of my hard earned ££££££.

Regards

Brian
Very well said Brian,

Cheers,

Roy

Despatch Rider Insignia & Photographs.

Author/Dealer in the Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knife
My website: www.fsknife.com
Old 07-07-19, 12:50 AM
Banned

Love him or hate him, even his published commission rates are much cheaper than many out there
I have had as much as 30% as a buyer plus a further 5% online bidding, so that’s 35%