British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Cavalry and Armoured Units

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 31-03-08, 11:33 PM

Default BCD's

Have the BCD changed their Officer's HB. Any reference I can find on the BCD have the Officers HB with a silver bottom portion of the buckel. These Badges are very bright/Gold and they seem a little to much for an OR's badge. Are they Officer's????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CEF_HB183.jpg (66.2 KB, 29 views)
Old 01-04-08, 02:19 PM

I just checked the official BCDs museum website, it appears that Col. Jamieson is wearing a bullion badge. I only have a King's crown officers issue to this regiment so I don't have one to post to the forum

Cheers,

Greg
Old 01-04-08, 04:46 PM

Default Bgpipes

I have this identical set of cap and collars, bright and lustrous. I understood when I got it that it was OR's, officers is bi-metal,and frosty finish.
Old 01-04-08, 11:38 PM

Default BCD's Bade Set

Thanks, Very Much!! I must have missed the BCD Museum website - I'm off to the "web"!! I will catalog this set as an OR's set.
Old 29-04-08, 05:14 PM

I spoke to a former BCD officer and he informed me that the officers' collar badges have a silver overlay on the scroll. In the last twenty five years, I have only ever seen embroidered officers' cap badges to the BC Dragoons.
Did anybody ever go to The Museum of the Regiments in Calgary about fifteen years ago? The man who was running the kitshop was selling a large number of blazer crests, many of which were strictly wartime units, eg: PCMR, Prince Rupert. He was also selling officers cap badges to most of the current (circa 1992) militia armoured regiments. I bought the BCD and BCR badges from him.
Old 30-04-08, 11:55 PM
Member 2008-2010 Rest in Peace

Default Buttons

As Deejayuu would say I know nowt about the BCD's except that I need a large size tunic button for that unit with a KC, I only have the 20 line type which I don't collect, do any of you people know ofanyone out there that mat have one to sell? the same goes for the 15th Alberta Light Horse, although I'm told that there was never a large button for these two units I find it hard to swallow. There is a large BCD queens crown but I'm only using it as a filler. Ray