British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Formation Signs and Patches

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 07-03-14, 02:51 PM

Default 1/4th Essex, 4th Indian Division insignia

Some time ago I have bought this combined formation insignia, supposedly badged to the 1/4th Essex Regiment, 4th Indian Division. The epaulette hang on seems to be quite recently made, but since I have never seen anything like that, and this item came from a collection where the vast majority of pieces was undoubtly good, I have decided to add it to my own. As a matter of fact, purple is the colour of the crown of the Essex regiment Side cap... but is there any other evidence to corroborate such an odd combined formation insignia? Thank you in advance for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Epaulette_4_Indian_Div_Essex_1.jpg (60.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Epaulette_4_Indian_Division_Essex_2.jpg (101.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Essex_Rgt_Sidecap_1.jpg (34.3 KB, 21 views)
Old 07-03-14, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loupie1961 View Post
Some time ago I have bought this combined formation insignia, supposedly badged to the 1/4th Essex Regiment, 4th Indian Division. The epaulette hang on seems to be quite recently made, but since I have never seen anything like that, and this item came from a collection where the vast majority of pieces was undoubtly good, I have decided to add it to my own. As a matter of fact, purple is the colour of the crown of the Essex regiment Side cap... but is there any other evidence to corroborate such an odd combined formation insignia? Thank you in advance for your help!
Absolutely correct for 1/4 Essex, 5 Indian Inf Bde, 4 Indian Div. I think 1/4 Essex was in the Division from c Sep 42 to Jan 46. Mike
Old 07-03-14, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jackson View Post
Absolutely correct for 1/4 Essex, 5 Indian Inf Bde, 4 Indian Div. I think 1/4 Essex was in the Division from c Sep 42 to Jan 46. Mike
Thank you Mike! please give a look to: http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...ad.php?t=38095
Old 07-03-14, 06:49 PM

Very nice, you have quite a collection going.
Best
Jack