British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 23-05-18, 07:50 PM

Default Help with Identification

Evening All!

I am sure you get a lot of these posts but I am trying to identify and subsequently sell a collection of cap badges and shoulder flashes that belong to an old family friend.

He is now in residential care and his house & belongings are being sold to help fund his care. I can provide a power of attorney form if required.

Some of the badges are easily identifiable but others I don't have a clue, and with around 400 items as well as the badges to list & sell, any help I can get would be most gratefully received!

Kind regards
Andrew
Old 24-05-18, 05:42 AM

Hello Andrew, welcome to the forum.
There are many knowledgeable and experienced people on this forum and I'm sure that someone will be keen to help.
You need to take some reasonable quality photos of both the front and back of the badges you want identifying and then post them on the site. Don't be surprised if some of the badges turn out to be fakes - there are a lot about.
Out of courtesy to the people who have helped you, it would then be appreciated if badges for sale are offered here first - you will get a fair price.
Good luck, Craig