British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 10-08-19, 01:08 PM

Default Yorkshire regiment post 2006

Added Yorkshire regiment post 6/2006 in my album and gallery showing
3 officers bullion variations
4 t r f variations
David
Old 10-08-19, 05:18 PM

I am told that the TRF is worn with the point of the rose at the bottom.

Have all of them been sourced from the Regiment?

Marc
Old 10-08-19, 06:00 PM

2 have been and 2 where obtained from a regimental association who acquire a number of items that they sell from the regiments -obtained some of the scottish and north irish yeo from the same source different from those for sale on ebay [see board] they are not dealers or private sellers Not sure what your point is about being sourced from the regiment ??Are all cloth and metal badges in your collection from the regiments This could be a problem for my 99th/62nd wilts rifle vols ,volunteers etc etc
David

Last edited by 49lassiepen; 10-08-19 at 10:56 PM.
Old 11-08-19, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49lassiepen View Post
2 have been and 2 where obtained from a regimental association who acquire a number of items that they sell from the regiments -obtained some of the scottish and north irish yeo from the same source different from those for sale on ebay [see board] they are not dealers or private sellers Not sure what your point is about being sourced from the regiment ??Are all cloth and metal badges in your collection from the regiments This could be a problem for my 99th/62nd wilts rifle vols ,volunteers etc etc
David
I am referring to the current badges such as your TRFs. Basically if the badge comes from the Regiment concerned then they are the ones worn by the soldiers. Also there are those badges sold through various kit shops and Regimental Associations that are also worn. Many of those on ebay are wrong in colour, and size.

Yes 99.9% are from the unit or an individual soldier, some are from the PRI shops that supply the Regiments.

Marc
Old 11-08-19, 12:45 PM

3 of the badges -2 centre and top right are the same measurements as given in Volume 2 of you book [always use the 3 as ref ] 49mmx40 mm and the colours appear the same the top left is 49 x 38 mm If you measurement are correct then 3 are the same . The top right is slightly darker green with a Velcro backing Your 2nd book was published in2007 perhaps the 12years difference could explain the velcro for use on M T G patch panel and slight colour variation
David
Old 11-08-19, 07:16 PM

bumb