British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Other Commonwealth Military Insignia > All other Colonial Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 25-07-19, 04:00 PM

I know Ebay feedback counts for little in reality but a look at his negative comments would be enough to put me off.

Simon.
Old 25-07-19, 04:09 PM

I'd seen it, I'd had no inclination to bid.
About 1/2 hr ago I was on the verge of contacting the seller to ask what the score was with a particular damaged helmet liner for a "Tommy helmet".
The same item has appeared for sale by this seller 3 times in quick succession
Is it an "aged" replica as currently produced in China and therefore being returned as fake?
Whatever, I decided I couldn't be bothered.
The warning signs were there, I don't know why I showed any interest - but yes, I looked at the negative feedback and that was that.......
Old 25-07-19, 06:56 PM

Rather I fear it’s a lot more. I’ve been keeping an eye on this seller since he came to notice in this thread.

He’s been listing a fake LRDG and CLC on short 3 day listings practically every week. This is at least the 5th or 6th I’ve seen. All have various combinations of fittings and holes knocked in them I suppose in an attempt to maintain the facade of realism should anyone notice he seems to have a plethora of these rare badges!
Old 25-07-19, 07:07 PM

Yep, I saw those badges but thought helmet liners....?
Naaahh. No way, given the rest of that stuff.
Old 15-03-21, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Hi

I can help with a DEFINITE original (unless our junk shops many years ago were accessing these "dud" items...) Mine has lost its blades though.

I had had it for a LONG time before I knew what it was!

Back in 2003, I went to China for a little under a month.

I didn't see any of these C.L.C. badges (I wouldn't have known what they were anyway..) but I did get two wonderfully abused bronze British War Medals to the unit. One from Tianjian (old name "Tientsin"(?) and the other from a Beijing (the "Pekin" of roast duck fame...) market.

Let me know if you would like me to post.
Here are the Chinese Labour Corps items mentioned in the above post. The medal without the suspension came from Tianjin (the old "Tientsin") and the Salavdor Dali moustache suspension medal came from Beijing.

The CLC badge is beyond reproach as it was a real sleeper that I only picked up as the initials intrigued me. My memory is clearly totally at fault as I see that the CLC badge does have its blades after all......

The link between this and the medals was made, not by me, but a fellow collector.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chineselabour.jpg (38.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg chineselabour1.jpg (38.9 KB, 36 views)
Old 17-03-21, 09:43 AM

Default CLC badge

Hi

I have had a couple of requests to post a better close up of the CLC badge I featured in my post regarding the Chinese Labour Corps so here they are.

Only too happy to oblige.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clc1.jpg (43.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg clc2.jpg (46.2 KB, 17 views)