British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Australian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 25-12-21, 05:39 PM

Very sad and terrible news indeed.
Old 25-12-21, 08:48 PM

So sorry to hear such awful news about such a wonderful man.

Zob.
Old 26-12-21, 09:37 AM

Ron if you do happen to be reading these posts? Thanks for the chats at Stratford and the help you've given me (allowing me to buy badges on "tick" , couldn't own such nice badge otherwise!)

Trust you are comfortable, hope you're enjoying this Christmas period, and wish you and your Family the best for 2022, Billy
Old 26-12-21, 10:57 AM

Billy
Rod not Ron
I first met Rod before he was a dealer I used to take him, his brother and Andy T to Wallis and Wallis in the 'old ' days A very nice gent and had a vast knowledge of badges
David
Old 26-12-21, 11:11 AM

Again very sad news and I wish Rod all the strength he can muster, as many I’d dealt with Rod both at fairs and online and as now ,always a nice guy to deal with, take care.

Gerard
Old 26-12-21, 04:25 PM

I've known Rod and his wife for many years and had heard this news through a mutual friend some months ago.

Many who met Rod at shows will remember his wife, who used to accompany him and always be happy to chat. He sadly lost her about a year or so ago and largely lot interest in the whole field of collecting and selling. In March this year I went down to the first Farnham of many months and although it was very poor in attendance by both buyers and sellers, it was wonderful to see Rod and to have a chat with him. He seemed genuinely interested and happy to see me too and it was by far the highlight and worth going to Farnham for.

Always friendly, always willing to chat, I was very sad to hear the news which he had kept close to his chest until a day or two ago.
Old 26-12-21, 11:28 PM

I am extremely saddened to hear this tragic news.
I want to say that I also had nothing but good dealings with Rod and i have always been amazed at his badges, both at militaria fairs and also at his on-line site.
Rod, I wish you nothing but the best for the future and I pray for you and your family.
You will be missed by us all, but i will remember you fondly.

Thinking of you at this time.

Ken (The Fatboy)
Old 27-12-21, 11:53 PM

My thoughts go out to Rod and his family at this difficult time. Thanks for your excellent service over the years.
Old 30-12-21, 10:57 PM

Such sad news and has been a pleasure to meet at shows and buy from. Prayers for Rod and his family, cheers Dean
Old 25-01-22, 12:49 PM

Default Rod flood

I have just found out the really tragic and upsetting news, I know rod and have been to his house to buy badges,always greeted by a lovely lady, brenda,sadly passed now, I also bought badges at farnham from rod, he was a genuine guy who helped me with my hampshire and volunteer collection, I am so very sad at this news, and hope rod and all his family find some peace in the coming months, god bless rod and thankyou for everything.
Old 26-01-22, 06:37 AM

Rod is a smashing bloke. I have dealt with him when I started collecting. I went to his house when I came over from OZ we had a few reds and he was going to take me to his local golf club for lunch but I ran out of time. I would like him to have a bucket list of things he had never done time permitting or not. Get out and do something chase up some old friends check out the house you were born in whatever. Try and do what you can before you put your clogs on.
Reminisce, spend all of your money, make someone happy. We are all on the edge of the cliff Rod my old son I am not far behind you.