British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Officer Training and Cadets

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 14-01-19, 06:04 PM

Default Canadian SAS Cadet Corps

If someone told me this I wouldn't have believed them. Stationed in Portage La Prairie Manitoba, close to the Parachute School in Rivers was the Canadian SAS Cadet Corps.

I wonder what shoulder flash and cap badge they wore. Could they have worn the wartime brass Parachute Batt. cap badge? Looking on the internet I could not find any reference to this cadet corps other than the corps was called the Manitoba Special Air Service Cadet Corps #745, formed September 28, 1948 and disbanded April 25, 1968.

http://www.armycadethistory.com/Cade.../db_cc_745.htm

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0056.jpg (76.0 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0057.jpg (40.2 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by Tanker Mike; 18-01-19 at 07:38 PM.
Old 14-01-19, 09:22 PM
MarkGD

Hi Mike, shooting on Connaught ranges a couple of years ago now, i came across a youngster with Maroon Beret, Parachute cap badge etc, including parachute wings. I did say hello etc, i unfortunately forget where he was from but definitely a cadet, and parachutist qualified. Regards Mark
Old 16-01-19, 09:43 PM

MarkGD, That cadet may have been an exchange cadet from Britain. I’m working with an Artillery cadet corps in Niagara and one of our senior cadets is now proudly wearing his wings after successfully completing his para course at 2018 Summer Camp. And it is really surprising what some of the cadets have traded and bring back as mementoes!.......... Cadets, Canada’s best kept secret for our future! Regards, D.J.
Old 17-01-19, 09:53 AM
MarkGD

Hi DJ, appreciated the response, definitely a Canadian Cadet, they apparently do their 'Pre-Para' at Connaught before moving to Trenton for training and descents. Recalling his cap badge, which i'm pretty sure was a Anodised version of the Canadian Parachute Bn cap badge. Regards Mark
Old 17-01-19, 03:46 PM

I believe there is still an Airborne Cadet Corps in Edmonton, I have seen them on Remembrance Day on TV.
Old 17-01-19, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGD View Post
Hi DJ, appreciated the response, definitely a Canadian Cadet, they apparently do their 'Pre-Para' at Connaught before moving to Trenton for training and descents. Recalling his cap badge, which i'm pretty sure was a Anodised version of the Canadian Parachute Bn cap badge. Regards Mark
https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...rachute+cadets

The links in my linked post no longer work,
New link to No 100 RCACC: https://rcaccadets.wixsite.com/corps100

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Last edited by Phillip Herring; 17-01-19 at 05:29 PM.
Old 17-01-19, 05:40 PM
MarkGD

Thanks Phillip, pretty sure i wasn't seeing things and my memory fading! Best Regards Mark