British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Other Military Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 12-03-15, 03:13 PM

Default The Waterloo Euro Coin

You could not, as they say, make it up! Mike

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31849506
Old 12-03-15, 03:24 PM

I would happily pay the Belgium government the scrap value for the coins that they have already made. I would even give an assurance that I would not spend any of them in France
Eddie
Old 12-03-15, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jackson View Post
You could not, as they say, make it up! Mike

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31849506
Ironically this was announced on the same day that it was revealed that after the USA - France is making the greatest military contribution to air operations against IS. Not surprising since the French Navy has a Carrier Attack Group (based on the Charles de Gaulle) operating fast jets in the Gulf.
Charles De Gaulle.jpg
Old 12-03-15, 03:41 PM

Can we not get Leo from Global Art Gifts (http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...ad.php?t=45178) to make us a batch?
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.
Old 12-03-15, 04:18 PM

Trust the bleedin' French to make a fuss over it. What are they going to do about THIS then?

Don't anybody be tempted to take that London Mint offer up by the way. You could get sucked into their mail-out carry on where they send you coins, supposedly on approval, without your permission and then bill you for them, even if you send them back. Like many firms of this nature they don't answer phones and seem to conveniently lose mail. I make these comments not through personal experience you understand but from learning of the mistakes by others.
Old 12-03-15, 04:32 PM

Glyn, I ordered one and it has never arrived, its been months. My GF also has never had hers arrive.
Old 12-03-15, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil2M View Post
Glyn, I ordered one and it has never arrived, its been months. My GF also has never had hers arrive.
Phil when I saw it advertised on TV I was initially keen to get one but I did a bit of research first and was totally put off by what I found out. We've all got enough to be doing without having the stress of trying to return unsolicited mail order kit.
Old 12-03-15, 04:58 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussar100 View Post
Phil when I saw it advertised on TV I was initially keen to get one but I did a bit of research first and was totally put off by what I found out. We've all got enough to be doing without having the stress of trying to return unsolicited mail order kit.
I have bought one and have had not trouble, I bought the folder for it as well and have had to trouble. There are lot's on eBay.
Old 12-03-15, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercian View Post
I have bought one and have had not trouble, I bought the folder for it as well and have had to trouble. There are lot's on eBay.
The one advertised on TV was being given out free.
Old 12-03-15, 06:22 PM

You have to pay £2.50 postage.
Old 12-03-15, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercian View Post
You have to pay £2.50 postage.
Ah, I see.
Old 13-03-15, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussar100 View Post
Trust the bleedin' French to make a fuss over it. What are they going to do about THIS then?

Don't anybody be tempted to take that London Mint offer up by the way. You could get sucked into their mail-out carry on where they send you coins, supposedly on approval, without your permission and then bill you for them, even if you send them back. Like many firms of this nature they don't answer phones and seem to conveniently lose mail. I make these comments not through personal experience you understand but from learning of the mistakes by others.
I think that the French must have sabotaged the delivery of these "free" Waterloo medals.

Despite an email telling me that the medal had been posted it never arrived, and the London Mint have not replied to my emails!
Old 13-03-15, 07:23 AM

I sent for one & it arrived in good time. It is actually very nicely made but I'm not tempted to complete the collection of further, more expensive, 'medals'.
Old 13-03-15, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWEF View Post
I think that the French must have sabotaged the delivery of these "free" Waterloo medals.

Despite an email telling me that the medal had been posted it never arrived, and the London Mint have not replied to my emails!
Same here
Old 13-03-15, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cga00 View Post
I sent for one & it arrived in good time. It is actually very nicely made but I'm not tempted to complete the collection of further, more expensive, 'medals'.
I had exactly this experience, no trouble ordering it, arrived very quickly, very nice item (with attractive folder) and no further hassle from the company about buying other items.

They are indeed for sale on ebay but the ones I have seen have been far more expensive than just £2.50 for p&p!