British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Corps, Branches and the Royal Canadian Artillery

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 09-01-12, 05:29 PM

Default CANADIAN MACHINE GUN CORPS

Hi to all above the boarder. can someone tell me what makes this badge Canadian. I see these a few time's and described as such. Am I missing something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1st-CANADIAN...#ht_4853wt_936

Regards

Simon.
Old 09-01-12, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Hello Simon, Not meaning to be facetious, the dealer's description is what makes it Canadian. See his notes regarding his listings:
With Regard to Militaria, badges in particular. I have spent a great deal of money on reference material and spend an inordinate amount of time on research to establish the authenticty of the offerings to the very best of my ability. I will state known flaws if I see or know about them. The world of Military collectors has a plethora of experts some more knowledgeable than others and opinions in many instances are at at odds one with another. I list in good faith and according to the best information available to me. My pictures are very clear. I make no claims and offer no guarantees beyond this.
He has been the subject of discussions on the Forum previously, especially when he listed some fantasy Canadian SAS badges.
In reference to the badge itself, many members of the CMGC wore the British pattern badge. I don't know how you can tell the difference.
Old 09-01-12, 05:58 PM

That was my thoughts also Bill, but in the past I missed some minute detail on a badge etc. I thought Id' ask.

Cheers for the response.

Simon.
Old 09-01-12, 08:01 PM

Reminds me of the ad that's on Canadian T.V. about truth in advertising... the one with the girl sneaking out the bedroom window and her Dad catches her... she says she's going to the library to study... and then the clowns show up... the tag line is No matter how you dress it up it doesn't make it true... or something close to that...