British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > The Home Front

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 26-04-20, 04:13 PM

Default Question re WAAC and QMAAC cap badges

I found this listing from a dealer discussed in another thread and do not buy form him, however it helps with my question. To be clear I am not wanting or planning to buy this.

My question about the WAAC and QMAAC cap badges is the solid fill ones, are they a valid badge? If so, how can you tell if it's a good one and not a re-strike or fake?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WW1-QMAAC...AAAOSwBrReG4hG

If it is a good badge then I will want to pursue them from reputable people/dealers.

Thanks,

Terry
Old 26-04-20, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Guard View Post
I found this listing from a dealer discussed in another thread and do not buy form him, however it helps with my question. To be clear I am not wanting or planning to buy this.

My question about the WAAC and QMAAC cap badges is the solid fill ones, are they a valid badge? If so, how can you tell if it's a good one and not a re-strike or fake?

If it is a good badge then I will want to pursue them from reputable people/dealers.

Thanks,

Terry
Hi Terry, not a good badge unfortunately, should be voided always & a seller to be wary of, they have been a topic of discussion on the forum on more than one occasion!!

Gerard
Old 26-04-20, 07:44 PM

Thanks Gerard! That answers my question - that I do not need to be looking for ones not voided. The I'm covered as I have voided badges for both.

I am well aware of that seller and would not buy from him. There is some discussion about him on the "Fakes, etc." thread, to which I added a comment and observation.

Terry
Old 27-04-20, 06:32 AM

To my knowledge, all non voided ones are fakes. The good ones are voided.
Old 27-04-20, 03:47 PM

Awful, how many times has this seller been brought to the attention of this forum over the last week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Guard View Post

Thanks,

Terry
Old 27-04-20, 05:10 PM

Stated on other posts regarding this seller asking why people bought from him -was accused of winding people up on the forum In the last week there has been a number of posts regarding this seller ,from a number of members stating not to buy from him
David
Old 29-04-20, 06:03 AM

To be quite honest, I should imagine that there will be many collectors who do buy from this seller, simply because he happens to have that particular badge they want, as long as they end up with what they have bought, they will not care, but, this comes down to a question of moral values, I think it is up to an individual collector to decide.