British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 12-09-19, 09:13 AM

Default Australia post tracking

Hi all,
Just wanted some guidance..
A dealer from Australia has sent me a medal a couple of weeks ago by registered post to India. The tracking number does not show up on Australia Post tracking. - it says cannot be tracked.

I just noticed from the receipt the seller sent me that it says 'documents only' He has apparently sent it in an envelope like ordinary mail. Will it be a problem and will the medal be impounded? I had told him to send it by registered post and also give a description in the customs declaration, but he has apparently just sent it as a letter.

It is still not showing up in the tracker either in Australia or India so am a little concerned..If it has a number it ought to show up somewhere..can any one here tell me what is likely to happen in this case?
Old 12-09-19, 01:04 PM

All very suspicious.

If sent by registered post then you should be able to track the parcel / letter on the Australia Post website via the registered number at least until it leaves Australia. If the number isn't known in the system then I'd say he's sent it via normal mail.

Also, it's strange that you requested registered post but he seems to have sent it via normal mail.

Very ordinary customer service and not a dealer I'd buy from again.

Good luck getting your money back.

Paul
Old 12-09-19, 03:13 PM

He has sent it by registered post as a letter. There is a tracking number provided as well but the aus post website says it cannot be tracked but s signature will be taken on delivery. It was posted on the 29 August so should be in India by now and then it will be scanned and show up on the india post website. But nothing yet. I'm surprised why a registered item is not trackable in Australia itself..

In case it's sent by ordinary post how much time do you think it should take?
Old 12-09-19, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyber View Post
Hi all,
Just wanted some guidance..
A dealer from Australia has sent me a medal a couple of weeks ago by registered post to India. The tracking number does not show up on Australia Post tracking. - it says cannot be tracked.

I just noticed from the receipt the seller sent me that it says 'documents only' He has apparently sent it in an envelope like ordinary mail. Will it be a problem and will the medal be impounded? I had told him to send it by registered post and also give a description in the customs declaration, but he has apparently just sent it as a letter.

It is still not showing up in the tracker either in Australia or India so am a little concerned..If it has a number it ought to show up somewhere..can any one here tell me what is likely to happen in this case?
You can post a parcel/letter that is registered and to sign for at receivers end and it will not show on the tracking site , so I would not worry about not seeing it on there site BTW who was the dealer ??

Rob
Old 12-09-19, 10:14 PM

Default Australia Post Registered Post International

From the Australia Post website:

Comes with:
  • Signature on delivery.
  • $100 compensation for loss or damage
  • (Tracking not available)
Old 12-09-19, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyber View Post
He has sent it by registered post as a letter. There is a tracking number provided as well but the aus post website says it cannot be tracked but s signature will be taken on delivery. It was posted on the 29 August so should be in India by now and then it will be scanned and show up on the india post website. But nothing yet. I'm surprised why a registered item is not trackable in Australia itself..

In case it's sent by ordinary post how much time do you think it should take?
How long is a piece of string? The other comments about Australia Post are right. However, they are notoriously good or bad.
Old 13-09-19, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhr View Post
You can post a parcel/letter that is registered and to sign for at receivers end and it will not show on the tracking site , so I would not worry about not seeing it on there site BTW who was the dealer ??

Rob
I bought it from Rusty's Militaria. Hopefully it will turn up sooner rather than later..
Old 13-09-19, 07:47 AM

I am pretty sure it will arrive.

Rob