British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 30-08-09, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

I have tried to access the DND insignia pages off and on for two weeks now. I keep getting a 404 error, Not Found. Does anyone know if this is permanent? Or is there something else going on at DND?
Old 31-08-09, 08:07 AM

Bill A , it appears there is currently a problem with many of the links in the DND insignia pages. A few work but most are as you say 404 errors.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
Old 23-09-09, 04:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by regimentalrogue View Post
I tried, this is what I got for both Links just Like Mr Voltigeur. Same goes ICI for few weeks I also tried to access few.

HTTP Error 404 - Page Not Found

Last edited by Recce; 23-09-09 at 04:37 PM. Reason: I added
Old 23-09-09, 08:35 PM

The Canadian Forces (CF) Defence Information Network (DIN) has a long and nasty habit of rearranging itself without any concept that people might link to its resources.
Old 03-11-09, 03:53 AM

Got the HTTP error on that link as well...
Pink
Old 14-12-09, 12:26 PM

I just kicked around the DND website for a bit and can't find anything on insignia other than rank structure.

I remember the site in question and it was very good images as a reference point.

Maybe we build our own?

cheers,
phil
Old 15-01-10, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by regimentalrogue View Post
The Canadian Forces (CF) Defence Information Network (DIN) has a long and nasty habit of rearranging itself without any concept that people might link to its resources.

you are supposed to use 301 redirects, I'm sure they know how
Old 09-12-11, 02:47 PM

Default Combat Uniform

Hello Bill

Combats are alive and well......in the Navy! I have been in Camp Aldershot, NS and on many occasions have seen the instructors and students on Navy PLQ courses wearing combat uniforms. I can't remember exactly what they were wearing for rank insgnia - sleeve or slip-on.

Paul

Bill A;28756]Mike, Only some of the links are working on that page. When accessing the cadpat shoulder titles links, most of the links return Error 404 Not Found. Hopefully this reflects an updating process.
On another point, that page references combat rank badges. I thought that they were obsolete.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-12-11, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Hello Paul, The combats the navy is using must be hand me downs...How far the senior service has fallen! The combat uniform is also supposedly on issue to the Canadian Rangers. The combat uniform was a good serviceable garment. It certainly meet the needs for a field uniform.
Old 09-12-11, 04:40 PM

The last batch of new Canadian Rangers I saw were wearing CadPat pants with the red sweater. I think the stores of those old combats are so depleted that Logistik now has to make them again (in the new combat style, but OG) for cadet use at the summer camps.
Old 08-08-14, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootemup View Post
The last batch of new Canadian Rangers I saw were wearing CadPat pants with the red sweater. I think the stores of those old combats are so depleted that Logistik now has to make them again (in the new combat style, but OG) for cadet use at the summer camps.
I thought the cadets had actually acquired their own camouflage pattern - CADETPAT?
Old 12-08-14, 07:58 PM

The CadetPAT was an initiative of the Army Cadet League, for NPF purchase by the corps. It never really took off (the material was heavy, like denim, and the faded quickly) and has since been replaced by issued OD green Field Training Uniforms for army cadets and summer camps. The FTU is essentially Gen1 CADPAT style and cut, with the Cadets Canada "swoosh" on the pocket flap of the pants and the lower pocket flap of the jacket, no flag on the shoulder, but same material in good old OD green, exposed buttons, and the rank epaulet on the chest. It has the advantage of being backwards compatible with the old OD greens still in use, colour and material wise, and is distinct from the CADPAT and the MARPAT "CadetPAT". It is a great asset to the Army Cadet program and has been very well recieved. I understand it will also be available to Air Cadets in the future.

Tags
cadpat, cap badges, cf insignia, od combat cap, reference site