British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 15-10-20, 04:36 PM

Default Hello from sunny Spain!

Having been a member for a short time, the information and support has proven to be excellent, so it's about time I explained who I am...

My name is Paul, I've been collecting since the early 1970's...my problem has always been sticking to a particular area. Therefore I have a vast number of badges of all types.

I have recently started to downsize and am concentrating on the CDC place names. Mainly because there doesn't seem to be a reference book about them and the challenge is there. Once i have enough then I would like to put some sort of reference material on the forum. At the moment, I have almost 200...finding others is quite difficult (though I have managed to get four via the forum!)

My other interest is the RN. Tallies and branch badges....I got into these purely because I just didn't understand them!
I spent 27 years in the Army, retired in 2006.

Over the coming time I will be listing some items and see if there is any interest...cloth, metal, anodised etc...
My collection ranges from Div Signs, Cloth shoulder titles, Sgt's arm badges, trade badges, cap/collar/shoulder/buttons of most eras. I have a lot of TRF, slip on rank badges, some side caps, HPC's, Regimental badges plus a lot more. A lot has sold already, but if anyone is looking for anything specific please let me know.

I do not have any WW2 SAS, PPA, or most of the very difficult ones. I do have some good original Commando shoulder titles though.

Areas covered: Army, HG, Civil authorities (Fire, police), RAF, cadets, RM. I also have some Dutch badges, mainly collected in the early 1980's...and a few WW2 German items.

In all I had around 5000 badges. Many have been snapped up but there is still a lot to be had...some hard to come by, others quite basic...and yes, there may be a few incorrect ones (the main problem when buying when very young!)

Thanks to all for the excellent help and knowledge.....just wish I had found this forum many years ago!

Regards,
Paul
Old 15-10-20, 04:58 PM
MarkGD

Paul, welcome, maybe some of us could learn a thing or two from you. Best Regards - Mark
Old 15-10-20, 05:44 PM

Welcome to the Forum.
Andy
Old 15-10-20, 06:23 PM

Thanks gents.

There are plenty of experts in their own right here.
Anything I can help with I'll be here...

Paul
Old 16-10-20, 01:13 AM

Would be interested to know what RAF badges you have?
Dave
Old 16-10-20, 04:21 PM

Hi Paul,

Good to see you in the Forum.
Welcome!
Ian