British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Royal Flying Corps and Royal Air Force

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 21-11-12, 11:13 PM

Default RAF general service

Hi. I am considering selling my dads G.S with MALAYA bar alomg with service book discharge papers and some photos from his time there once i have sorted them out, as i have no family to pass it on to who has any interest i was wondering if any RAF collectors on here might be interested,i have not set a price, it might be better when i have chance to photograph everything for interested members to make a offer as i dont want sentimentality to creap into my view of price.
Thanks .Iain
Old 22-11-12, 09:08 AM

Hi Ian

I am sorry that you have no one to pass the medal on to. I own my father's medals, which I wore on 11 November, as well as my own. A break with family ownership I think is sad. I am still hoping one day to find the medals of two of my uncle's who were killed in the 1WW, very little hope.

It would be good if you gave a brief account of your father's service (where he was based) this may be of interest to a number of people. I run a small museum in a naval establishment, which was a RAF airfield, I would be interested if your father served here. but the chances are very remote. I am sure that other's would have similar thoughts, however, there are always the general collectors who would be very happy to acquire them.

John
Old 22-11-12, 03:29 PM

Hi John.
I should have been a bit more clear, it is national service early 50's, he was a S.A.C. and armourer, i think he only served there dont know where stationed when in england. Iain
Old 22-11-12, 04:50 PM

Ian

I would have thought that his service book would have given a list of stations. I know in the Royal Navy our service doc's give all the info on ships etc.

All the best

John