British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Schools, OTC and Cadets

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 28-08-22, 03:52 PM

Default ACF, CCF and UOTC Medical Related

I have been trying to determine which programs in these school units are army, navy or air force medical connected. I know of a few thanks to members and have started collecting badges and patches for such units. My research so far has not be productive. Does anyone know or possibly have a list of such units so that I can continue to add ot this tangent of my medical interests?

Thanks,

Terry
Old 28-08-22, 06:05 PM

The following Army Cadet Force Detachments (13 in total, 2 in Wales, 2 in Northern Ireland, 2 in Scotland and 7 in England), wear the cap badge of the RAMC:-

Ditton Detachment D Company Kent Army Cadet Force

Kinmel Detachment Somme Company Clywyd and Gwyned Army Cadet Force

LLndarf North Detachment A Company Dyfed and Glamorgan Army Cadet Force

Coleraine College Detachment, B Company 1st Northern Ireland Battalion Army Cadet Force

Carrickfergus Grammar School Detachment , D Company 1st Northern Ireland Battalion Army Cadet Force

Seaburn (Martin Leake) Detachment, D Company Durham Army Cadet Force

Willington detachment, D Company Durham Army Cadet Force

Wenlock Detachment, B Company Humberside & South Yorkshire Army Cadet Force

Aberdeen (RAMC) Detachment, A Company 2nd Battalion The HIghlanders Army Cadet Force

Dundee (RAMC) Detachment, Salamanca Company Angus and Dundee Battalion Army Cadet Force

Hitchin Detachment, Number 2 Company Bedfordshire & Hertfordshire Army Cadet Force.

Cherry Hinton Detachment , Number 2 (Cromwell) Company Cambridgeshire Army Cadet Force

Caistor Yarborough School Detachment, Number 4 Company Lincolnshire Army Cadet Force

The following units of the Combined Cadet Force (CCF), wear the cap badge of the RAMC:-

Moreton Hall Girls School CCF

Fir Vale School Academy CCF (Sheffield)

Birkenhead High School Academy CCF (All female unit)

Liverpool Life Sciences UTC CCF

Tauheedul Islamic Boys High School CCF (all male unit)

Honley High School CCF

Gateways School CCF (all female unit)..

There are NO ACF or CCF units affiliated to any other part of the Army Medical Services (AMS) (i.e RAVC, RADC or QARANC).

No OTC units are affiliated to the Army Medical Services.

No RAF or Naval Cadet units have a Medical unit affiliation.

Fun fact......I know for certain that all the cadets of Caistor Yarborough Detachment of Lincolnshire ACF wear OFFICERS pattern silver gilt cap badges on a dull cherry backing on their berets. They only realised that the cadets had been issued officers badges when I pointed it out....the QMs department had ordered the badges using the incorrect NSN (they had meant to order standard other ranks anodised badges)... rather than return the badges and demanding the correct pattern they have simply continued issuing officer pattern badges until stocks have been exhausted !)

Paul
Old 28-08-22, 06:10 PM

White on Dull Cherry ACF title worn until circa 1985 by ACF units affiliated to the RAMC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6CAC920F-674D-4E76-8638-4FF389CA3381.jpg (51.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 28-08-22, 06:38 PM

Paul, My very sincere and grateful thanks!!! That is absolutely excellent. I recently picked up that ACF title and have an RAMC title to put with it.

Owe you one!!!

Terry
Old 28-08-22, 07:09 PM

Preseumably if we ever go back to basards the coloured titles will make a return.