British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Officer Training and Cadets

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 07-07-11, 01:48 AM

Default McGill COTC 11a

Hi. I have just received my grandfather and greatgrandfathers militaria they collected during WWI and WWII which includes many cap badges, some pre-WWI. I have been able to identify most of these badges, but I am having a problem with 1. I believe it is a McGill COTC 11a from 1915. I believe this because of the descriptions I have read about this badge. The problem is I can't find a photo on the internet. Is this because it is a rare badge? I am also trying to put together the values of some of my pieces for insurance purposes.

Last edited by Bailey; 07-07-11 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-07-11, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
Hi. I have just received my grandfather and greatgrandfathers militaria they collected during WWI and WWII which includes many cap badges, some pre-WWI. I have been able to identify most of these badges, but I am having a problem with 1. I believe it is a McGill COTC 11a from 1915. I believe this because of the descriptions I have read about this badge. The problem is I can't find a photo on the internet. Is this because it is a rare badge? I am also trying to put together the values of some of my pieces for insurance purposes.
Hi,

Can you please post a photo of the badge in question? It will help with identification.

Thanks,

Geoff
Old 07-07-11, 08:41 PM

I think Bailey is referring to Mazeas 20-50, COTC 11, page 124.
A picture can be found at this link http://www.marway-militaria.com/shop...h=56099&phqu=2
Old 07-07-11, 10:15 PM

Thanks for your responses. The badge in the link is not the right one. I have included a photo this time. I hope it helps. Sorry about the format of the picture, it's the only way I could post it.
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg McGill cap badge 11a.jpg (15.0 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Bill A; 07-07-11 at 11:42 PM.
Old 08-07-11, 10:56 PM

Chris Brooker (Canadian Officers Training Corps) lists that as "No. 1 and No. 2 University Companies", "Gilding metal. Fully struck up reverse. 1/2 Round copper lugs. Not maker marked." Value he gives is $75.
Old 09-07-11, 03:57 AM

Thanks for the info!