British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Formation Signs and Patches

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 07-03-16, 07:05 PM

I don't really have a use for these so if I did decide to sell them how would I value them? Should I sell them as a collection or individually?

I have been looking on some sales sites and worked out a price of 50% of what they are being sold for - would that be reasonable?

As I said my intest lies more with DZ Flashes, TRF's, Commando and similar qualification badges and many of those are easily available through the people I work with.
Old 07-03-16, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James K View Post
I don't really have a use for these so if I did decide to sell them how would I value them? Should I sell them as a collection or individually?

I have been looking on some sales sites and worked out a price of 50% of what they are being sold for - would that be reasonable?

As I said my intest lies more with DZ Flashes, TRF's, Commando and similar qualification badges and many of those are easily available through the people I work with.
I would think that if you are happy with your 50% of a dealer or ebay price then go for it, as long as you get what you want. Selling them on here would be a good start as I am sure there are some members who would be interested in some of them (me included). As for the end of your last sentence perhaps I could point you in the direction of my album here; http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...hp?albumid=971

Marc
Old 07-03-16, 07:40 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James K View Post

James,
If you're going to move them on as a job lot at reduced rate! I would ask if anybody would be interested in making an offer on here, you'll get a Better price and they'll get something they would like!

Andy
Old 07-03-16, 09:02 PM

can I do that without breaking the rules?
Old 07-03-16, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Hello James, It is not against the rules. Here are the appropriate sections.

The ‘Classified Ad’ section is for sales and wants, but note the forum accepts no responsibility for any losses you may incur from its use. Use of the Classifieds is at your own risk.

Advertising and sales outside of the Classified Ads section or the designated Fairs, Sales, Auctions and Dealer Recommendations sub-forum, are not permitted. A ‘signature’ at the bottom of your post is permitted which can be a link to your business. The sale of firearms and ammunition of any type is not permitted anywhere on the site.
Old 07-03-16, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Bty View Post
I would think that if you are happy with your 50% of a dealer or ebay price then go for it, as long as you get what you want. Selling them on here would be a good start as I am sure there are some members who would be interested in some of them (me included). As for the end of your last sentence perhaps I could point you in the direction of my album here; http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...hp?albumid=971

Marc
Marc
I'm on leave for two weeks afterward I'll put the feelers out at work and see what I can come up with. Rifles and the LWC shouldn't be too much of an issue and my son is 1 Rifles so I'll ask him about the snake head (although he wasn't with them in 2009). The two EU badges I'm not familiar with but I'll ask the French liaison officer if he can help. Tour patches are going to be more difficult
Old 09-03-16, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jackson View Post
How depressing - especially to one who witnessed the manner in which the section of the MOD Library housed in Old War Office Building was dispersed completely at random (and without any coherent form of tracking) some 15 years ago. It was akin to book burning in late 1930s Germany. Mike
I remember the time, everything was lost without a care. including the proof copies of all military watches some now worth £60-70,000 each. We are repeating the mistake