British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 02-06-19, 04:08 PM

Default Cheshire Bandsmas HP.

I have just bought these nice Cheshire HP's from forum member Tels-Insignia the right hand one is interesting as the badge in the centre is made of a base metal, which to me looks like a test piece. I can't seem to find much info on modern helmet plates so if anyone has any I would be pleased to read it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00271.jpg (53.4 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00272.jpg (39.5 KB, 24 views)
Old 02-06-19, 06:12 PM

Not sure if he is still at the Cheshire regimental museum ,but the curator was the band master I called in some years ago for information on my H.P as the centre had a strange fixing to the H .P He said it was as used I also have a mint blue cloth with different H.P I saw these 4 in Marlows auction as the cheshire reg is just one of my general collection did not bid A very cheap lot hammer price £60.00 for the 4 He sold 1 on e bay £110.00
David
Old 03-06-19, 02:20 AM

That's certainly the style of HP the Cheshire's used. The black badge does look odd. The Mercian one looks better now with a proper helmet centre. Lucky enough to have a Mercian Home service pat helmet. (with an entire Mercian full dress I want to sell lol)
Old 03-06-19, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49lassiepen View Post
Not sure if he is still at the Cheshire regimental museum ,but the curator was the band master I called in some years ago for information on my H.P as the centre had a strange fixing to the H .P He said it was as used I also have a mint blue cloth with different H.P I saw these 4 in Marlows auction as the cheshire reg is just one of my general collection did not bid A very cheap lot hammer price £60.00 for the 4 He sold 1 on e bay £110.00
David
Hello David, I had a look at Marlows and it seems the like the same HP's. So Terry got a bargain there. I didn't pay £110 each, but it was a badge I have been after for years and always just missed out on, like the Marlow's sale, I never saw it. I think the test HP is quite interesting and quite scares.
George
Old 03-06-19, 09:13 AM

George I'm pleased you aquired the item you were after for some time one of the many branches to my main collection[Wiltshires] are band H.P and helmets
David
Old 03-06-19, 04:05 PM

Hello Again David, as you like Bands I also have this pattern center which I think is later than the other type. The Cheshire Regiment finished in 2007 and as the newer Mercian center is very similar I would estimate it to be around the late 90's.
George
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00278.jpg (71.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 03-06-19, 04:47 PM

George many thanks -thats the plate which is on my blue cloth helmet Helmet and plate near mint condition
David