British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 28-12-19, 05:04 PM

Default CMP Shoulder patch.

I am in the process of putting together a framed display of some pictures and memorabilia in memory of my dad, Frederick Tilley, 102 Provost Company, Corps of Military Police. The attached pictures were taken whilst he was on leave in Leicester in 1941. I'm struggling to identify the insignia on his shoulder and wondered if anyone may be able to help? Unfortunately this is the only close-up I have of his uniform. In addition to the framed display I have got hold of a BSA M20 petrol tank which I intend to restore and re-paint with the same markings that were on his wartime BSA (see second picture) I realise that this may not be the right forum to answer questions on tank markings but does anyone know if the white 83 was painted on a black background or straight onto the tank? Or could anyone point me in the right direction of a forum which may be able to help. Thanks in anticipation, Nigel Tilley, Leicester, UK. Frederick John Tilley. Circa 1941..jpg

73528704_421013815505756_7110449243361378304_n.jpg
Old 28-12-19, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

Hello Nigel, welcome to the Forum. Your account is active and open for posts.
Old 28-12-19, 06:00 PM

Hi Nigel

Nice photos, I had an uncle who served as a Sjt in the CMP 111th Provost Coy. I’m going to stick my neck out and suggest the patch in question looks like the formation sign for 1st Corps.

All the best

Graham
I am looking to purchase items from the British Administration Police & Prison Services in Cyrenaica & Tripolitania; Eritrea & Ethiopia; Somalia (f. Italian Somaliland) & British Somaliland; & the Dodecanese: insignia, documents, photographs etc.
Old 28-12-19, 06:36 PM

Hi Graham
Thanks for getting back to me. Is the patch you suggested a white spear tip on a red diamond background? If so, do they come up for sale often? I'm guessing there may be repro's out there ?
Cheers
Nigel
Old 01-01-20, 07:48 PM

Default CMP FORMATION SIGNS

Hello, pm sent.

MJW

Tags
102 provost company, bsa m20 tank markings, cmp, cmp shoulder patch