British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > The Home Front

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 20-08-19, 08:46 PM

‘Really grateful for the feedback guys........it took a good few years (and £s!) but feedback like yours makes it worthwhile - thank you.

Enjoy the book....or use it to hold a bloomin’ great door open!
Old 08-09-19, 10:10 AM

'Just had our first published / official review....an "incredible reference book" according to this months "Britain at War" magazine (page 100 in case you struggle to find it :-) ).
Old 09-09-19, 09:24 AM

A review:

https://www.ww2civildefence.co.uk/he...ome-front.html

Wanted Poppy Pins
Old 09-09-19, 02:37 PM

I am also reviewing this great book in the forthcoming issue of The Formation Sign Journal of the Military Heraldry Society due out shortly.

I heartily endorse all the previous comments. Buy this book while there are still copies left!!

Jon
Old 12-01-20, 09:07 AM

Well, it's been pretty hectic since the launch at last years W&P show in late July...six months on and fast approaching 75% sold out...and when it's gone, it's gone.

Thanks to everyone here who took the leap of faith and bought one.....and if you know someone who hasn't got one tell 'em about it!
Old 13-01-20, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Black Bands View Post
Well, it's been pretty hectic since the launch at last years W&P show in late July...six months on and fast approaching 75% sold out...and when it's gone, it's gone.

Thanks to everyone here who took the leap of faith and bought one.....and if you know someone who hasn't got one tell 'em about it!
If you have not got this book and are pondering about buying it, I cannot recommend it highly enough - it is worth every penny and is the new 'bible' on the subject.

I have been studying the subject for 35+ years but I have learned so much more when I thought there wasn't much more to learn!

Asides from the helmets themselves, it is clear the authors have spent years researching and visiting archives to get the information to back up the photos, so the book is also a great detailed explanation of all the ARP services and how they worked - so it's sort of two books for the price of one.

The photos are all colour and many if not most of the helmets I've never seen before - the authors must have spent many years and a lot of shoe leather tramping round militaria fairs photographing them all.

As the authors say, once this book is sold out, it will become even rarer and probably double in price - it's well worth purchasing it now - while you can - enjoy!

Last edited by ARPCDHG; 14-01-20 at 11:31 PM.
Old 14-01-20, 08:19 AM

I'm immensely flattered and grateful...many thanks for the kind words.

As you know, having produced more books than us, it's hard to get it right for the market...we had someone telling us that out of the 360 pages there were only thirty something specifically on his particular area of interest and on that basis he'd leave it......I felt like we'd missed a shot (and some one else's book on the topic too) so curiously asked how many pages do the other books have on "his" topic......'turned out there wasn't another book...I guess there just weren't enough in ours for that gentleman.

As we say in the first few pages....it's the book I wanted 30-ish years ago...perhaps a tad selfish but no-one else was going to do it.

..and now the inevitable Sales pitch........get it from the authors via a PM to me (sorry...'couldn't resist!)
Old 20-02-20, 08:43 AM

.....just an update...we are now officially (I've counted them!) two-thirds through the stock...which I feel is quite good having only launched in July '19.

Thank you again to those who've taken the leap.

Needless to say copies are still available - PM me if required...'guess you could see that one coming! :-)