British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 02-12-10, 06:21 AM

Default WW2 british tags !

By walking on the sand dunes a few years ago on Dunkirk's area and close to belgian border, I saw a tag engraved on the light concrete of the wall of a german light pillbox, probably a shelter made in 1943 (photo 2). This wall was discovered a few days before from the full sand by the strong wind during a storm. I made photographs about that tag and I have seen :

DR BULLEN RA PETERSFIELD HANTS ENGLAND

Unfortunately, the action of the sand and the wind seems to erase the tag which was protected for many years by the sand !
The shelter and his area were liberated first by the 6th Canadian Infantry Brigade in september 1944 but tag seems to have been made by a british soldier. I know that british troops came after, like a scottish infantry brigade (154 ?)... It is possible to find informations in England about DR BULLEN, Royal Artillery (?) I wanted to share that story with members of the forum, even if badges are the main subject of enquiries...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00441.jpg (96.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00440.jpg (90.0 KB, 28 views)