British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 29-10-10, 12:07 PM

Hi guys, thanks for the responses.

Firstly, the front badge. It's the same size and weight as a normal RGBW pre-amalgamation beret front badge but has lugs on the back instead of the slider. Thanks for the reply dave, the OSD cap badge is all I can think it would be.

Secondly the back badge. Thanks for the post badjez, I'm not quite sure of the point you're making though. The larger of the two back badges is the one I'm not sure about. It's gold, so I'm guessing RGBW from around 1995 but it's larger than the normal beret back badge as you can see from the picture and it has lugs instead of the butterfly pins. That's why I thought it may be the back badge from a service dess cap to match the front badge I have with lugs.

Any ideas? If I am being dense and missing some Gloucs. history please excuse me as I'm onyl really familiar with RGBW. Thanks!
Old 03-11-10, 07:54 PM

bump?

Old 07-11-10, 11:32 AM

Left hand badge - if 28mm in diameter it looks like the 1994 to 2007 gold coloured back badge for the blue cloth helmet worn by the RGBW Regimental Band. This badge is distinctive as the laurel leaves almost form a flat line at the top, but your photo is not very clear. Is it a/a?
Mark
Old 08-11-10, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaiguy View Post
Left hand badge - if 28mm in diameter it looks like the 1994 to 2007 gold coloured back badge for the blue cloth helmet worn by the RGBW Regimental Band. This badge is distinctive as the laurel leaves almost form a flat line at the top, but your photo is not very clear. Is it a/a?
Mark
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply, it is about 28mm in diameter (I will have a closer look when I can) so you could well be right on what it is! Thanks very much! What i a/a though?

I do have another question if anyone knows: I remember seeing some ladies at a regimental event at... Gloucester Cathedral maybe? Around the year 2000 odd. From what I remember they were badged as RGBW but having a female royal regiment dress cap myself... where does the back badge go?

Any help would be amazing!

Thanks everyone for the replies.
Old 22-11-10, 04:31 PM

Examples shown in album marked part Wiltshire collection Sliders marked LONDON BADGE & BUTTON CO.LTD ,also FIRMIN