British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Australian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 14-03-11, 08:08 AM

Default australian rising suns

hi all
i have just opened an album of australian rising suns.
i have many more so will add to it over the next few weeks with items from my own collection
bc
Old 14-03-11, 08:34 AM
Badge Guru

A very nice collection indeed. I have been a long time collector of these.

Do you have the two rarest WW2 manufacturers? Also do you have the WW2 officers beret badge?

I believe the lug you are trying to identify are in my opinion of a type found on badges manufactured inbetween the wars. That particular lug was used up to about 1942. It may well of been used up until the end of the war but I cannot prove it from my own collection as it isn't large enough!
Old 14-03-11, 10:35 AM

Default Firmin collar badge?

Let me know if you have a spare WW1 Firmin made collar badge in your box. I should be able to find you a trade.
Old 14-03-11, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibba Jabba View Post
A very nice collection indeed. I have been a long time collector of these.

Do you have the two rarest WW2 manufacturers? Also do you have the WW2 officers beret badge?

I believe the lug you are trying to identify are in my opinion of a type found on badges manufactured inbetween the wars. That particular lug was used up to about 1942. It may well of been used up until the end of the war but I cannot prove it from my own collection as it isn't large enough!
hi jj
i was told these were ww1 english made but i doubt that. i havent seen this type of attachment used on any british badges. i have 2 of these hat badges and a collar. i would say they are aussie made and yes, probably between the wars. in 30 years of collecting i have only seen about 5 of these and i bought 3 of them.
which manufacturers are you refering to? the next thing for me to do is mount them and try to ID them by manufacturer and period.
also, whats the beret badge you are refering to? i have several collar size badges with prongs.
can you post a pic?
bc
Old 14-03-11, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsley View Post
Let me know if you have a spare WW1 Firmin made collar badge in your box. I should be able to find you a trade.
hi kingsley
i will go through them, mount them and id them and if i have a spare will let you know
bc
Old 14-03-11, 12:36 PM
Badge Guru

The beret badge is in heavy gilt, die cast like a British OSD and has D Lugs. I have yet to see one maker marked. It is often mistaken as a collar badge.

It is nothing to do with earlier enameled staff badges.