British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 06-11-21, 02:40 PM

Thanks for that Leigh. Actually, I preferred watching George racing in the Isle of Man rather than listening to him. Again, I have to admit, I always got a chuckle out of “Mr.Woo” or “When I’m cleaning windows”. I really started to tune out in the late 50s early 60s, so you may be excused for thinking “I know not of which I speak”! Now let me go and put on Cliff Richard. Best regards, D.J.
Old 06-11-21, 04:08 PM

The 1950's, 60's? I was too young to tune in and drop out, I was still wearing nappies - first time around.
Old 07-11-21, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh kitchen View Post
The 1950's, 60's? I was too young to tune in and drop out, I was still wearing nappies - first time around.
Nice image.
Old 07-11-21, 09:00 AM

Control yourself woman.
Old 07-11-21, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Control yourself woman.
Oh trust me, that's not going to spin me out of control😳
Old 07-11-21, 12:22 PM

Whoah, spin, crash and burn - let's have some of your music lady. And you havn't posted any of your new militaria acquisitions for a while, anything much new?
Old 07-11-21, 01:12 PM

Quote:
They do have some George Formby numbers on YouTube.
Don’t know about George Formby but I am enjoying playing Sunshine over Leith on the ukulele. My musical taste is still very eclectic and am going to see the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain in two weeks. One of the best concerts I’ve been to, which is saying something - as I’ve seen the Stones, Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley and some others.

Chris
Old 07-11-21, 02:17 PM

It's nice to have live music back Chris, I went to my first post(ish) pandemic gig last month and it was an utter joy. But weird.
You know me Leigh mostly noisy music, last gig was Bring Me The Horizon for the 6th time, love them more than sliced bread. Although photo clue to this week's groove attached(eclectic? Moi?)
Latest militaria....I have a contentious item, not German that I'd best not get into, that aside nothing earth shattering, a few little sweethearts, couple of stable belts, books, an odd little Denby RAF commemorative plaque(presumably a display/advertising piece) oh and a print of a painting by war artist Arabella Dorman that I absolutely love but nobody else likes, it's called The MERT, I love it, it transfixed me, but it's definitely not everyone's taste. It's in pride of place on the wall below my Vulcan photograph.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210606_121943.jpg (34.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg FaceApp_1636215625464.jpg (50.3 KB, 30 views)
Old 07-11-21, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM View Post
I am enjoying playing Sunshine over Leith on the ukulele.
Sunshine on Leith ?

I used to drink in a bar , "The Canny Man's" (real name the Volunteer Arms) in Edinburgh where Charlie and Craig (The Proclaimers) regularly played before they were famous.

Poppy and British Legion Wanted
Old 07-11-21, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_vee View Post
Sunshine on Leith ?

I used to drink in a bar , "The Canny Man's" (real name the Volunteer Arms) in Edinburgh where Charlie and Craig (The Proclaimers) regularly played before they were famous.

Mike, fat fingers, small phone and autocorrect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 16500D6B-F019-4C3F-9E1D-7EADD8CA2A70.jpeg (42.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 07-11-21, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
It's nice to have live music back Chris, I went to my first post(ish) pandemic gig last month and it was an utter joy. But weird.
You know me Leigh mostly noisy music, last gig was Bring Me The Horizon for the 6th time, love them more than sliced bread. Although photo clue to this week's groove attached(eclectic? Moi?)
Latest militaria....I have a contentious item, not German that I'd best not get into, that aside nothing earth shattering, a few little sweethearts, couple of stable belts, books, an odd little Denby RAF commemorative plaque(presumably a display/advertising piece) oh and a print of a painting by war artist Arabella Dorman that I absolutely love but nobody else likes, it's called The MERT, I love it, it transfixed me, but it's definitely not everyone's taste. It's in pride of place on the wall below my Vulcan photograph.
Tigerlily,

Home Guard will like the MERT picture.

Chris
Old 07-11-21, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Who's that teenager wearing grandma's ABBA shirt?
Old 07-11-21, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM View Post
Tigerlily,

Home Guard will like the MERT picture.

Chris
I really like it, it was £15 at an antique fair, numbered run of prints framed as well, I know it's not to all tastes but it's very striking to me, I like the artists other work too.
Old 07-11-21, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Who's that teenager wearing grandma's ABBA shirt?
Smooth talking bar steward
Old 07-11-21, 06:19 PM

Quote:
I really like it, it was £15 at an antique fair, numbered run of prints framed as well, I know it's not to all tastes but it's very striking to me, I like the artists other work too.
That seems a good price.