British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 03-10-11, 08:32 PM

Default Would Appreciate Opinions on These

Have been looking for a North Devon Hussars Badge for some time and, just before going out earlier, saw this one (with the other two on Ebay). Bit the bullet and put a £20 max bid on. Have come home to find I've won them! Now, having a little more time to look at them, I'm not too sure about them and would appreciate the thoughts of those far more experienced than I.

If I've slipped up (and I have a sneaky feeling i might just have done) then it's my own fault for not paying more attention!

Looking forward to your thoughts and opinions...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 509559272_o.jpg (41.1 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg 509559349_o.jpg (39.6 KB, 90 views)
Old 03-10-11, 08:41 PM
Mr. Jackanory

I wouldn't touch the Hackneys with a barge-pole I am afraid. Nor is the Rifle regiment badge too good looking. It has the dodgy pallor of the restrike.
Matti
Old 03-10-11, 08:42 PM

Hey Matti

To be honest I feel the same, I'm just hoping the NDH might be a goodun!
Old 03-10-11, 08:44 PM
Mr. Jackanory

You may be lucky and you do find good things in mixed selections. However, I'm not too hopeful...sorry
Old 03-10-11, 08:55 PM

Like I said, my own fault for being in a rush!
Old 03-10-11, 09:01 PM

luvjoystimber? the picture style looks familiar. If so then he sells repros pretty much 100% imo.

Phil
Old 03-10-11, 09:06 PM

Hey Phil

YUP! You're right (well lovejoysantiques - I guess its the same guy) - who apparantly 'purchased a very large collection of metal military badges which were collected over the past 60 years they had all been mounted on cork and velvet display boards'

Hey Ho! Ya pays ya money ya takes ya chance!

Well, hopefully if someone can confirm the rarity and value of the Royal Devon Yeomany Artillery A/A badge I rediscovered in my box today, that'll cheer me up!
Old 03-10-11, 09:16 PM

They are one and the same seller. I got caught on two or three badges, pictures are better than the badge in hand.

Phil
Old 10-10-11, 10:09 AM

Badges arrived this morning and, as expected, all three are #*!%* restrikes! And not even good restrikes!

What I don't understand is that his feedback for other badges sold is all good! (the only negative feedback is for items not delivered).

Well, like I said in an earlier post - you pays your money, you takes your chance! Was my own fault, but its still REALLY annoys me!